• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
@Gebhardt At least you have a boat to use. I will be honest, if it was me I wouldn't even take a 2021 anymore and would get a 2022.
The 2022s are just 2021s with the 1 scratched out and a 2 slapped on there.

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
EFE1B469-D4A6-4E38-8044-CAFDDC6EB09B_1_105_c.jpeg
Remember. This was Yamaha's boat yard in all directions just 15 days ago. The person who took the picture said he saw Yamahas in every direction just sitting there ready to be shipped. 2021's or 2022's? Any bets?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
View attachment 155282
Remember. This was Yamaha's boat yard in all directions just 15 days ago. The person who took the picture said he saw Yamahas in every direction just sitting there ready to be shipped. 2021's or 2022's? Any bets?
Looks like a big batch of 2022s will be ready soon!

DerrekCurtis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Oasis
Boat Length
Just got the call 195 s cancelled. Along with the remaining 9 boats the dealer was waiting for

Cmagg_

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 155282
Right! And a price increase. That’s pretty crappy for already built boats waiting on something. Not like they’re paying the higher prices for materials on those. But who knows anymore

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right! And a price increase. That’s pretty crappy for already built boats waiting on something. Not like they’re paying the higher prices for materials on those. But who knows anymore
You are making assumptions that those boats are going to be turned into 2022's. Boats have been being delivered all over the country over the past couple weeks from the Yamaha plant, since people have been picking them up as indicated, here, other forums, social media, etc. We just hear more from those whom haven't received their boat or got canceled. Just not everyone got a boat and a lot more where cancelled. Unless there is a current picture as of today I would assume that most of those have already left if they could find the parts that were needed.

Additionally, because of the process by which Yamaha colors their boats and it is put in the Gel Coat, not painted on, if they release new colors for the new Model Year it will be a good indicator that they are not using already built boats.

Furthermore, nothing prevents them from finishing any 2021's that they have left over and sending them out to dealers as 2021's with perhaps an incentive or the original MSRP if there is a price increase for 2022.

A lot of conjecture going on, I am sure it isn't pleasant for those waiting, but until things shake out and proper announcements and facts come out, that is all it is. Just need to sit and hang tight for the next 30 days, give or take, and see all the factual info as it is released.

Last edited:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
September 2020 252SE
Ouch, that sucks--the 252SE seemed to be one of the models they actually made a fair amount of. I put my deposit down on a 252SE in mid-August and was very lucky to have it delivered mid-September (I think the very first batch of 252SE's they made). If you roll over your deposit to a 2022, hopefully it's delivered soon and they can honor the 2021 pricing!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Additionally, because of the process by which Yamaha colors their boats and it is put in the Gel Coat, not painted on, if they release new colors for the new Model Year it will be a good indicator that they are not using already built boats.
This was my thinking, too. We'll all know if they turn 2021s into 2022s as soon as we see the color palettes for the 2022s.

Last edited:

Cmagg_

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
This was making thinking, too. We'll all know if they turn 2021s into 2022s as soon as we see the color palettes for the 2022s.
Yeah my dealer had to boats canceled 42 boats. Including 4 XDs. My salesman did say I am first in-line for a 2022 not sure of any increases yet.

KTLEE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Did any of the boats that were canceled yesterday or today have estimated ship dates?

Saiz204

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Any one still waiting on a boat from Wonderland Marina? Emailed my sales guy today, but have not heard back. I think today’s is day off. I would hope they would be proactive on updating customers of order are being bumped.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonderland Marina where? Who is your sales guy? did you call?

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got of the phone with my yamaha dealer and I formed that multiple people in online forms got the news that their orders have been canceled in the past few days.

But dealer said that there was a yamaha sales guy who came today to his store and there was no such news of cancelation from yamaha. He said will let me know if he hears anything new and asked me to wait for 2 weeks to get the exact delivery date.

So not sure what is going on. Thanks.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I just got of the phone with my yamaha dealer and I formed that multiple people in online forms got the news that their orders have been canceled in the past few days.

But dealer said that there was a yamaha sales guy who came today to his store and there was no such news of cancelation from yamaha. He said will let me know if he hears anything new and asked me to wait for 2 weeks to get the exact delivery date.

So not sure what is going on. Thanks.
Yeah, don't count on it, sadly. They must not be up to speed, or lying or something...

tarponfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Drove by Cycle Springs in Clearwater, FL today, somebody is getting a new boat! I'm #8 on the list for a 2022 SX190. They said many people ahead of me will take any 19' they receive so may move up, not holding my breath.

Attachments

Last edited:

Saiz204

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Wonderland Marina where? Who is your sales guy? did you call?
I didn’t call today, figured I give a day or two to reply. I’ve been dealing with AJ, Reading their website looks like he may have been recently bumped up to sales manager.