• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That's a tough deal...10 days after confirm
Yeah; and when they tell you 10 days out; you go ahead an tell the kids. I’m more pissed at Yamaha’s apathy. So, anybody here look at Vortex? This site seems to be 95% Yamaha.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah; and when they tell you 10 days out; you go ahead an tell the kids. I’m more pissed at Yamaha’s apathy. So, anybody here look at Vortex? This site seems to be 95% Yamaha.
I looked in to Vortex a little before. Their website looked outdated and boats looked old. Checking now it looks like they have revised the website and added surf/watersport models. I can never find a good answer on whether the Yamaha clean out port or Rotax sheathed system is really better, but the Rotax certainly seems to offer more power. 24' Surf model with 600hp for $75k but they look like older Chaparrals. I've been so set on my Yamaha reservation that I haven't looked at them recently.

Last edited:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
FWIW, Yamaha owns 90% of the jet boat market so the makeup on the site pretty accurately reflects reality. I looked at Vortex back in 2018; they're made by Chaparral and they seemed to be good quality boats, though I don't know if they've had many updates in recent years and may be getting long in the tooth. There's talk that Chaparral may discontinue the line, too, and I think service after the sale can already be spotty; it would really be spotty if they were discontinued. Hopefully some Vortex owners can chime in or you may want to make a specific post on the Chaparral subchannel.

Sorry to hear about your order getting canceled! Unfortunately, it seems lots of people got the same bad news delivered in the last week or so.

Cmagg_

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Check this out

ChrisF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2021 AR190 was cancelled too and switched to 2022. Should we be concerned with quality issues? Passed on a used 2019 because he wanted the same price as 2021. Now that I think maybe I should of got the 19 with peace of mind. I'm worried I will get a covid boat with problems in the future.

Svannorman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got a call from dealer, I had a 2021 212s (Black with grey interior) on order then cancelled. I just got a call that he may have a 2021 212s (grey and Tan interior) that he may be able to get in for me as I'm top of the list.
Should I wait and see the new boat and get the grey interior I want (spending $60K plus is a lot and get what I really want) or get the Tan interior and suck it up?
thoughts?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Until the new models are released with info, no way to tell what it is going to be on colors, etc. No way to tell when they may show up. I am all for getting what you want and want to pay for. The Tan interior is nice. The boat could be in your hands soon. I personally that the Tan interior felt warm and comfortable.

Personally, colors to me are down a ways on the checklist and something that I personally wouldn't take issue with as a deal breaker. But that is just me.

In the end it is your happiness and money..... GL!

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just got a call from dealer, I had a 2021 212s (Black with grey interior) on order then cancelled. I just got a call that he may have a 2021 212s (grey and Tan interior) that he may be able to get in for me as I'm top of the list.
Should I wait and see the new boat and get the grey interior I want (spending $60K plus is a lot and get what I really want) or get the Tan interior and suck it up?
thoughts?
I'd learn to love gray/tan, but if you can't, tell me the dealer and I'll learn to love it.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
thoughts?
When I put my deposit down on our 252SE I was originally thinking I wanted the blue ext w/ tan interior. When the first 252SE showed up at my dealer, of course it was the black ext w/ gray interior. I had the option to take it or wait on a blue/tan one. I went ahead and took it (a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush). Well, after 10 months of ownership I don't even think about that anymore--we're perfectly happy with the black/gray.

It's your money so you gotta do what makes you happy, but in this one man's experience I think whatever you get will grow on you. And if you wait on a 2022, who knows when that may actually show up!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This picture would really upset me if I’ve been waiting on my boat to arrive and/or my order was recently cancelled.

Maybe Yamaha can’t find/hire enough truck drivers. There are some places here in CA that can’t get gas due to a lack of delivery drivers.

still it’s ridiculous for Yamaha to a lot full of completed boats at this point in time. Pay a premium and drivers will be lining up outside the gate.
27117F84-28D0-4D13-8CAD-FE771D7DA560.png

ChrisF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bet they're holding the boats to raise prices and call them 2022s.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think it's more likely those boats aren't complete than it is that they're complete but they don't have drivers to ship them (and that picture's been circulating for a bit so that was more than 15 days ago now). It's been reported for months that Yamaha has been having issues sourcing specific parts (e.g. windshields) and because of that they've had lots of mostly finished boats sitting on their lot.

I don't think they're going to take 2021 boats and rebrand them as 2022 boats, but we'll know as soon as the 2002 color lineup is released! If it's the same color lineup as 2021, that'll be awfully suspicious.

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
FWIW, Yamaha owns 90% of the jet boat market so the makeup on the site pretty accurately reflects reality. I looked at Vortex back in 2018; they're made by Chaparral and they seemed to be good quality boats, though I don't know if they've had many updates in recent years and may be getting long in the tooth. There's talk that Chaparral may discontinue the line, too, and I think service after the sale can already be spotty; it would really be spotty if they were discontinued. Hopefully some Vortex owners can chime in or you may want to make a specific post on the Chaparral subchannel.

Sorry to hear about your order getting canceled! Unfortunately, it seems lots of people got the same bad news delivered in the last week or so.
I have a 2020 Vortex, it's a fantastic jet boat and we're very happy with our purchase. However they just announced that Chap will be "pausing" production for 2022. I have no idea if all the 2021 models are spoken for, it's a very popular boat even though they have a much smaller market share than Yamaha. Best guess is that with the shortage of almost everything, Chap can't get enough of the Rotax engines and are shifting labor to their Chaparral and Robalo lines.

Hopefully it is just a pause, but who knows. For now there are no models from Vortex past 2021.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can’t say for sure since all the boats in the pic are covered but they all look like they have windshields (at least the side windows), if they didn’t the shape of the cover over the cockpit would be flat. They may be missing other parts who knows.

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Headed north out of Kansas City and just saw 3 Yamahas on a flatbed. Hopefully it's someone here that'll be picking it up soon
You might have seen my boat... it arrived at Lake Viking. It would have been the one with the bent tower. Apparently shipping damaged.

Anyone else had this and any other issues (than the obvious replacement of the tower) that this could have created with a force coming down on the tower?

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You might have seen my boat... it arrived at Lake Viking. It would have been the one with the bent tower. Apparently shipping damaged.

Anyone else had this and any other issues (than the obvious replacement of the tower) that this could have created with a force coming down on the tower?
I'd check to make sure there aren't any signs of strain/cracking in the fiberglass around where the tower mounts.

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'd check to make sure there aren't any signs of strain/cracking in the fiberglass around where the tower mounts.
No doubt! The towers are very beefy. Any amount of force large enough to bend one would put a tremendous strain on the mounting points. I'd be looking at those areas very, very closely.

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I asked this and the Dealer says no other damage. Still a little concerned that it isn't a visible crack. I'll get a close up of it when I head over to get a look for myself.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yeah, I asked this and the Dealer says no other damage. Still a little concerned that it isn't a visible crack. I'll get a close up of it when I head over to get a look for myself.
Out of curiosity wildcat, when did you buy the boat? I'm trying to decide just how mad to get at Yamaha. After all of this "two weeks away" from the rep, the fact they don't even call just keeps getting me more PO'd.

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Out of curiosity wildcat, when did you buy the boat? I'm trying to decide just how mad to get at Yamaha. After all of this "two weeks away" from the rep, the fact they don't even call just keeps getting me more PO'd.
I put my deposit down first of April after the boat became available (not sure of situation). I think the original order goes back to October from the paperwork.... if I read it correctly.