• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

CFosh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I couldn't imagine what Dealerships and especially Salesman who feed their families on commissions are going through. Some dealers are cutting hours and laying off staff.

Yamaha didn't cause this, the dealers didn't cause this, suppliers didn't cause this. No one wanted to lose jobs, or close factories or not take care of their customers. Nobody screwed up and none of this could have been anticipated. No pandemic and boats sales would not have surged and we would have been chugging along with boat deals, boat sales and fulfilled orders. And to be quite honest, I wouldn't have bought in April of 2020 and most likely wouldn't still be looking at buying a boat yet. And most of the people whom put deposits on boats and just bought boats wouldn't have done the same either.

What I will say is that I totally Agree that communication was and still is poor from Yamaha and that from what I have seen and heard, some dealers stretch the truth and sell a lot of hope and promises.... That is what needs to change.
unfortunately I entered an agreement to buy in August and sold my boat in Sept.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CFosh Man sorry to hear that. If I was looking to upgrade I probably would of done the same thing at the end of the season and been in the same situation. Truly hope, if you are sticking around for a 2022, that it comes as soon as it can for you.

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Soo, here is what I was told, Yamaha is just going to change the undelivered 2021s to 2022s. And there will be a 20% price increase. Take it with a grain of salt as this came from a salesperson. But he did say that those with orders pending would be switched to 2022 but I don't know if there will be a price increase for those people. If this is true, then there most likely won't be any major spec changes for 2022.

It will be interesting to see what stories sales people will tell at different dealerships.

Svannorman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just told today (noon PST) I will not be getting a 2021 212s and now to expect a 2022. I hope I like the new colors and the new price :(. Bright side is getting a one year newer boat at the beginning of the season!

Kalg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got the call this morn. The AR190 I purchased in August of 2020, that was committed 2 weeks ago at the notice of a cut in production, will not be delivered. disappointing to not be able to get the family out on the water this year is an understatement. I am looking for Yamaha to confirm that 1. We will be prioritized for next year and 2. They will honor the sales price agreed to for this year.
How did they confirm on the 2022 sales prices that they will honor with 2021 price? I am supposed to get 2021 Yamaha AR190 in few weeks. But I hear from most that Yamaha is canceling 2021's. Not sure if they will honor the price for me because I recently placed the order for 2021. Thank you.

Force15

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is not real unless there are pictures. Finally taking this baby home today. Details later on the sea trial and initial walk around but I am pleased.
Also, 2021 190 FSH Sport at my dealer in Waco. The buyer had financing fall through!!8F3ED8CD-DC57-4099-BD5E-2F6CAE415AA9.jpeg8F3ED8CD-DC57-4099-BD5E-2F6CAE415AA9.jpeg

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Soo, here is what I was told, Yamaha is just going to change the undelivered 2021s to 2022s. And there will be a 20% price increase. Take it with a grain of salt as this came from a salesperson. But he did say that those with orders pending would be switched to 2022 but I don't know if there will be a price increase for those people. If this is true, then there most likely won't be any major spec changes for 2022.

It will be interesting to see what stories sales people will tell at different dealerships.
20% seems unbelievable, but with material and labor costs having made huge jumps, anything is possible. Someone posted earlier in this thread that their dealer had told them 8%. Our dealer told us 3-5% in May, but that almost seems unrealistically low now and when I talked to him last week he said "I just don't know anymore."

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
May depend heavily on the model.

It's not exactly the same, but I bought a new 2021 model mountain bike back in March and I just today saw the pricing on the 2022 lineup (pretty much the exact same bikes with new color schemes). Price increases ranged from no change to 21% increase. Surprisingly, the less expensive ones were most likely to have no price increase. The middle and higher tier models had increases of 21% (up $1000) and 13% (up $900), respectively, and the very top end model I think also had no price increase.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DogDadDave No way to tell, will have to wait to see how the chips fall. Yamaha could change multiple times before then.

Gebhardt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a blue 212xd. Deposit October 2020
Damn, @603jetboater you were the guy in front of me! I got a call from Irwin yesterday telling me my 2021 212XD order (#2 of 2 they had committed) was canceled. I hope you’re still getting yours!

Gebhardt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2021 212XD deposit in December at Irwin, was told in May we made it through the 40% reduction in ‘21 orders and we’d definitely be getting a boat this year. He just called again yesterday saying unfortunately my order was canceled.

He said if I still wanted a boat I’d be moved to the front of the 2022 212XD line and he’d let me know in August what the price increase was and when I should expect delivery - that will be an interesting conversation!

ScottDobbs01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ordered a 210SX in early March and told delivery May / June, now I can't get a straight answer about an "estimated date", I also understand this out of their control but this news is enlightening. Glad I didn't sell my current 210SX in anticipation of the new one arriving.

drewp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Black 252SD Ordered in September. Dealer said he has heard that they are cancelling more orders this week. Said I should know one way or another within two weeks. Boat still listed as, "requested."

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A few used 190's and an FSH21 at local dealer.
Just Add Water Boats.
Indianapolis, IN

jetboatsm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Well my salesman called today with some good news and bad news. Bad news was that Yamaha has now quit building 2021 models (I ordered the 212XD) and is turning their lines for 2022 production. The good news is that rather than being cancelled my order for a 2021 was pushed to the top of their 2022 queue. To my further surprise the dealer is going to eat the 2022 cost increase and deliver the 2022 for the 2021 price. So the plot thickens. Although the dealer hints at a possible late-July or early August ship estimate, I think I will just assume the worst and write off boating for this summer. That way the only surprise will be a pleasant one. Good Luck everyone!

Mrs. Puff's Teacher's Pet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
First Post!!!

I passed on a 2021 252SD in March that mysteriously appeared when I was initially looking and after joining this community and hearing all of the horror stories of waiting since last year I feel lucky and almost saddened that I passed after a few weeks of "searching". Anyways, my deposit is on a 2022 since April and waiting on the "Deposit for 2022 Yamaha and still waiting?" thread. In the meanwhile I'll be gathering more and more info like the past few months as an aspiring first time captain.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Our 275 was cancelled yesterday as well. Waiting to hear more from our dealer, he was finding out as we did from THIS FORUM. We can also get on the list near top for a 2022 but there is a price increase of 8-10% from what we're hearing. We're trying to decide what to do. Pretty crappy situation, I'd easily jump ship to another company but hubby likes Yamaha.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am pretty sure they don't have the pricing yet and are just guestimating or building in their low inventory profit margin at the dealer. If it were me, I would just put a REFUNDABLE deposit down to get in line and see where things shake out and how it all unfolds.

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I am pretty sure they don't have the pricing yet and are just guestimating or building in their low inventory profit margin at the dealer. If it were me, I would just put a REFUNDABLE deposit down to get in line and see where things shake out and how it all unfolds.
Right, we have a refundable deposit on it while the dealer gets more info. The 8-10% is a guess, I haven't heard more than 10% though, thankfully. Frustrating all around, we were "just waiting on a windshield" before it was cancelled. Major bummer.

gmac03

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AR190 cancelled.