• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still waiting here in VA as well. Pre-ordered a 255XD from Lynnhaven Marine back on August 12th. Quick question for anyone else here that ordered a 255XD. On first order the Dealer gave me an OTD price of ~$89,000 which was obviously WAY to low. That said, they actually sent me a screenshot of the Yamaha pricing sheet that had all the numbers even though it was different than the website. I figured this would catch up to them/me, but went ahead and signed and put down my deposit. Dealer called yesterday and said Yamaha had put out incorrect pricing and the OTD price went up to $98,000 (which is what I originally expected). Still getting the boat, and now just waiting, but I was curious if anyone else had this issue or experienced this.
My home builder made a similar mistake- I closed on the house with the $70k lower price they first quoted :). Can’t hurt to try for the $9k discount :))

Mhamann75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Talked to my dealer in Ohio today and still no news for me. They haven’t got any boats yet.
Which dealer? I have deposit at JJ 360 in Huron Ohio.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Still waiting here in VA as well. Pre-ordered a 255XD from Lynnhaven Marine back on August 12th. Quick question for anyone else here that ordered a 255XD. On first order the Dealer gave me an OTD price of ~$89,000 which was obviously WAY to low. That said, they actually sent me a screenshot of the Yamaha pricing sheet that had all the numbers even though it was different than the website. I figured this would catch up to them/me, but went ahead and signed and put down my deposit. Dealer called yesterday and said Yamaha had put out incorrect pricing and the OTD price went up to $98,000 (which is what I originally expected). Still getting the boat, and now just waiting, but I was curious if anyone else had this issue or experienced this.
Haven't heard of this with a 255XD, but I do know the price of the 25 foot FSH boats was changed on the Yamaha website several hours after they first went live. IIRC the price went up by $1800 on one and $2500 on the other.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Anyone have updated information on boat deliveries? Still no answeres from my dealership...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
25' footers Oct./Nov. is what I am hearing. 19's and 21's have been dribbling into the dealer each week.

AZ Jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Got a non-refundable deposit on a 212S. Dealer originally told me November when I put the deposit down beginning of August. They placed the order Aug 12. (Wanted to make sure Yamaha didn’t change anything.... which they did in the days after) They were hoping 4-6 weeks at that time. 🤞🏼 I’ll keep you posted.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know what bothers me? I see where people are indicating "No Response" from dealer with deposits down. Not cool at all. I understand that they have no clue of when things are going to show up, but it annoys me when you ask questions, are looking for answers and just want an update that you won't like and all you get is crickets..... Especially when you have a deposit down.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
25' footers Oct./Nov. is what I am hearing. 19's and 21's have been dribbling into the dealer each week.
You know what bothers me? I see where people are indicating "No Response" from dealer with deposits down. Not cool at all. I understand that they have no clue of when things are going to show up, but it annoys me when you ask questions, are looking for answers and just want an update that you won't like and all you get is crickets..... Especially when you have a deposit down.
Agreed 100%. This is my biggest issue. Im not upset about delays, especialy with ongoing events. Im mad about the lack of comunication from both Yamaha and the dealers. I am not alone on this. FB is blown up with comments regarding deliverys and time frames. Yamaha is not answering the dealers. I have called several of them and they all say the same thing "My Yamaha Rep Cant tell me anything" The dealers are embarrased and upset. They cant answer the customers questions so they are starting to ingnor them. Yamaha might make a good boat, but their comunication department/ Reps needs an overhual. If I ran my businees this way Id be bankrupt in a year.

AZ Jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Agreed 100%. This is my biggest issue. Im not upset about delays, especialy with ongoing events. Im mad about the lack of comunication from both Yamaha and the dealers. I am not alone on this. FB is blown up with comments regarding deliverys and time frames. Yamaha is not answering the dealers. I have called several of them and they all say the same thing "My Yamaha Rep Cant tell me anything" The dealers are embarrased and upset. They cant answer the customers questions so they are starting to ingnor them. Yamaha might make a good boat, but their comunication department/ Reps needs an overhual. If I ran my businees this way Id be bankrupt in a year.
I’m in agreement especially with the last sentence. I know many people don’t always want to hear the honest truth.... I don’t mind!
What will upset me though is getting a product that has been rushed to completion to meet the demand. Especially since there are no deals to be had on these boats. This year has been challenging to many. I have been fortunate as has Yamaha... obviously! I’m sure however that the supply chains are all screwed up. The solution is simple. Give the customer a date so they can decide if they want to entertain the deal and if Yamaha doesn’t meet the date perhaps they could sweeten the deal with extended warranty periods. As long as they haven’t slapped them together which is what I worry, it won’t cost them very much. And if they did, they deserve to pay.

maoneal1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Try this guy...he is the corporate communications director for Yamaha USA:

bob_starr@yamaha-motor.com

He probably needs to hear from concerned future customers instead of just his "yes men" minions 😎

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I talked to Bob starr. He had someone from the Yamaha boat manufacturer customer service department call me and did not give ma any useful information. I talked to him in July.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They know they have customer's unhappy, they don't know shit or are not telling you what they know, they are aware that people are bitching for boats including all their dealers. It is going to just be patience and waiting. Absolutely nothing is going to change that. Now if doing something makes you feel better, than by all means do so.

People who are buying boats now are buying them during a pandemic which we have never seen and during the biggest boat shortage ever. I think you keep that in mind and have realistic expectations than before you know it your boat will arrive.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You have a signed sales contract and they want you to pay more . I would talk to an attorney or bring them to small claims court . I’m not sure they can change your agreement that’s a binding contract .Is there any small print allowing them to change the sales price .

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So my dealer said today 2 boats are shipping but not mine. :confused:

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So my dealer said today 2 boats are shipping but not mine. :confused:
My dealer recived two boats, but not mine. And I thought I was the first one to order a pre sale... Its getting close, hang in there!