• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Im on week six waiting for a sx195. I was the first to order at my dealership. I wish Yamaha was communicating better with the dealerships. Personally, the lack of communication bugs the hell out of me. Their is no need for that. Just tell people whats up and what to expect or not to expect. But for goodness sake tell your customer base something. Dealers have ZERO info on ETA or shipping. Boats are just slowly showing up.
I decided to give my dealer until the end of Sept. After that, I will get a refund and wait until next year. I firmly believe next year the market will be flooded with boats, RV's, Guns and anything else outdoor related. Unfortunately, there are lots impulse buyers out there that had no idea what they were getting into and don't have the means to hold on to it.

mayorplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Still waiting here in Florida, we were fourth in line for a ar195. Talked to our dealer last week and they said we are now second on the list. Come on Yamaha ship them boats already.. or at least two ar195. Lol
Im on week six waiting for a sx195. I was the first to order at my dealership. I wish Yamaha was communicating better with the dealerships. Personally, the lack of communication bugs the hell out of me. Their is no need for that. Just tell people whats up and what to expect or not to expect. But for goodness sake tell your customer base something. Dealers have ZERO info on ETA or shipping. Boats are just slowly showing up.
I decided to give my dealer until the end of Sept. After that, I will get a refund and wait until next year. I firmly believe next year the market will be flooded with boats, RV's, Guns and anything else outdoor related. Unfortunately, there are lots impulse buyers out there that had no idea what they were getting into and don't have the means to hold on to it.
I'm still being optimistic that they'll start showing up before labor day. Yamaha's special offer on new boats ends 9/30. Doesn't mean they wont extend it but i would think they're expecting to move the boats in September if they put out that offer.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mayorplant Yamaha puts out an offer every month. And the offers have been progressively getting worse or not as big. In April they had same offer plus $2000 off MSRP, plus Dealer incentives, which I took advantage off. Then they had 6 months no payment I believe. TBH, they really don't need any offers since it is such a sellers market. Just because they have an offer doesn't really reflect what is going to be produced or delivered.

mayorplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@mayorplant Yamaha puts out an offer every month. And the offers have been progressively getting worse or not as big. In April they had same offer plus $2000 off MSRP, plus Dealer incentives, which I took advantage off. Then they had 6 months no payment I believe. TBH, they really don't need any offers since it is such a sellers market. Just because they have an offer doesn't really reflect what is going to be produced or delivered.
Like i said i'm being optimistic on that potential indicator. what a blunder if Yamaha doesn't get these new models to dealers before labor day with this high demand

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Like i said i'm being optimistic on that potential indicator. what a blunder if Yamaha doesn't get these new models to dealers before labor day with this high demand
i am pretty understanding and i know everyone and most businesses are going through a tough time with this virus stuff so yes i get it if yamaha is slower popping these things out BUT if they cant produce the boats that they did a preorder for then they shouldnt have done a preorder. They should have skipped it or delayed a month or two until they got all their ducks in a row.

AlainB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still waiting here in Florida, we were fourth in line for a ar195. Talked to our dealer last week and they said we are now second on the list. Come on Yamaha ship them boats already.. or at least two ar195. Lol
What dealer you order from

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
i am pretty understanding and i know everyone and most businesses are going through a tough time with this virus stuff so yes i get it if yamaha is slower popping these things out BUT if they cant produce the boats that they did a preorder for then they shouldnt have done a preorder. They should have skipped it or delayed a month or two until they got all their ducks in a row.
Amen to that.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I’m gonna take a shot in the dark and say we all should have our boats in less then ten days..fingers crossed.

i would be perfectly happy with that but somehow i have a gut feeling the 27's are going to be awhile. you guys with the 19's and 21's i think should be fairly soon. atleast some of the dealers are seeing them show up. i have yet to hear of a 27 arriving

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I called mine today and was told again that the orders are in and should ship soon. But seeing as that is what I was told since July 3rd I don't believe it will be that soon.

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Spoke to my dealer a few days ago. All the info they could give me me was that in whatever Yamaha system they have locally at the dealer to see the status of incoming boats is that the status of my pre-order AR195 changed to "Confirmed". When I tried to push for some kind of guesstimate on an ETA all they could say was "we are checking the system everyday". Sold my old boat about a month ago at the height of the used, private sales market. Its been killing me being boat-less and not being able to go down to the lake every weekend since. 😭

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
i would be perfectly happy with that but somehow i have a gut feeling the 27's are going to be awhile. you guys with the 19's and 21's i think should be fairly soon. atleast some of the dealers are seeing them show up. i have yet to hear of a 27 arriving
Man those 27s are nice. I hope it doesn't take them too long to get it to you. post lots of pics when you do get it.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Spoke to my dealer a few days ago. All the info they could give me me was that in whatever Yamaha system they have locally at the dealer to see the status of incoming boats is that the status of my pre-order AR195 changed to "Confirmed". When I tried to push for some kind of guesstimate on an ETA all they could say was "we are checking the system everyday". Sold my old boat about a month ago at the height of the used, private sales market. Its been killing me being boat-less and not being able to go down to the lake every weekend since. 😭
Dude I feel your pain. Ive been boat less all season. Hoping to have a new boat by Labor day.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I'm so excited to get updates once you get you boat. I see moms and me in a used 27 when we move to rehobeth in a few years
These are SUPER rare used.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
ill keep you updated. i am super excited. the dealer told me before i put a deposit down to expect sept but i am still hoping it will come in a little early and not end of sept or oct. im trying like hell to be patient. its quite jump going from an 08 232 limited to a new 27. we spend atleast 2 days a week on the boat and always have kids and friends. the 23 was a little cramped. i know alot of guys hate those side windows. i love them. i have worked for and now a contractor for one of the largest yacht companies in the world and the way they did the side windows with them molded into the glass is something you never see on a regular boat. you dont see that until your into 1-1.5mil and up range. whole boat just has a very different and striking look to it.

Lost_in_Boating

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi guys. New here and looking at getting a Yahmaha eventually once all this covid crisis settles down. However been looking around and found these guys who claim to have a heap of boats In Stock.. but i reckon it not the case.. :cool: Inventory McMillan Marine Rochester, NY (585) 288-2180

So for those waiting maybe give them a call and call their bluff.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Lol apparently they have a 255xd in stock. Full of crap