• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I will drive to Jacksonville. But I don't want the fsh

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I hope that not the case. Im starting to get frustrated.
Me too. I didn't even know what to say when he told me that. I have been expecting the call any day for the last month and found out today that there was no way it was coming.

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I pre-ordered my boat in early July. I put down 3k for a deposit. My dealer assured me that he would have his pre-order boats by the end of July. Im seeing people get their boats that ordered them after I did. whats up with that?? Below is the response I got from him on July 29th. Ive been trying to reach my dealer for two days now and I cant even get a returned email or phone call. Im stating to get worried...

Dealer - Yamaha is suppose to start shipping sold boats today. I logged onto YDS to see if I could track any of my boats but I can’t . My Yamaha rep tells me we are at the mercy of the shipping department for now and I won’t know when we will get the sold boats until the truck driver calls. Sorry I wished I had a better answer for you but that is all I know for now. I will let you know as soon as I have any more information.

ArchBuck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered back in June (ar190), but no news yet. They have been getting deliveries each week. So far, 6x ar195, 2x sx190, 1x 212 have come in, nothing for mine yet (although I am apparently the first on the list).

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I ordered back in June (ar190), but no news yet. They have been getting deliveries each week. So far, 6x ar195, 2x sx190, 1x 212 have come in, nothing for mine yet (although I am apparently the first on the list).

lol, funny how that works. your first on the list but they have gotten in 9 boats and none are yours. i guess you will be the first one to get yours once yours gets delivered lmao!

Scboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I just talked to ride now in Jacksonville FL. They have had several come in already and have a2021 195 fsh in stock. He put me on a list to call if a 195s comes in and or someone backs out of the deal.

maoneal1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
$1000 deposit on SX195 with Phil Dill in DFW, TX. They've gotten some boats in but not that model and supposedly, I'm #1 on the list for the SX. No big rush for me as I'm working on a boat hoist redo :)

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
After two days I got a response from my dealer, not what I wanted to hear. Im thinking about cancelling and getting a refund. this is my first time buying a new boat from a dealership. What do you guys think. Should I hang in there or cancel and try again next season?

From my dealer.
John.
I had a long talk with my Yamaha rep today. They are having problems getting parts from their vendors so they are having problems finishing the boats. I tried to nail him down on a date and got nowhere. I told him that Yamaha shouldn’t have told us we were going to get early release boats if they weren’t ready to ship. I am have problems in my part department as well there are no steering cables, props, gauges, control cables available any where and the list goes on. I have 5 Yamaha boats on order for the early release program and they are all sold. I am sorry for the delay he assured me they are coming but gave no time line. If you want a refund I will give you one but I am not sure how many boats I will get on my normal order with the parts problems everyone is have so if you cancel this boat you may not get one later. Your call and I do apologize.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
My dealer had told me the same thing before i put my deposit down. Apparently my boat is built and sitting there waiting for a windshield and some other items. Many of their vendors are at only partial production with the covid thing going on. If i was you i would just keep the order and try to forget about it. Otherwise you may not have a boat at all next season.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Johnboat I am sorry you are having some issues getting your boat. I guess it all depends where you live and use the boat. I may just hang on and see if it works out and the boat shows up. Get another status in a few weeks. Then guage how you feel about it.

I think everyone needs to take what Dealers are telling them with a grain of salt. I like them selling the optimism, but it is making buyers unhappy. I think that it sounds like there is a bit of truth and a bit of BS that they are spewing.

I have seen and heard so many people say that the Dealer told them they were first on the list, or their boat will show up 3 weeks ago guaranteed. Smells like right out the Boat Salesmans Playbook.

Don't fall for it.

If you want a boat, place your order, understand things may not come as quick as you are being told, you may be fed a line of BS, but feel good about the fact that sooner or later your boat will come in and you will have it. Either for late this season or the next. Take a breath. I know a lot of people who want boats but CANNOT afford them. You are doing just fine, it will show up.

Last edited:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That blue 195S looks beautiful, congrats!

I put my deposit down today on a 252SE and am second in line for that model. In the 25' line, I believe he said they also had one deposit each for an AR250, a 252SD, and a 255XD. The dealer said they were told 25 footers should start arriving to them in late September, but of course there's no guarantee on when mine would actually be there.

Like others above reported, my dealer said the Yamaha rep told him they're having supply chain issues waiting on certain parts to get there so boats can be completed. Apparently, Yamaha has a bunch of partially finished boats sitting around waiting on the final touches before they can go out.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
408 what’s your location? I’d love to sit in the AR fixed seats before I buy.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
408 what’s your location? I’d love to sit in the AR fixed seats before I buy.
I'm in NC. My order is for a 252SE, but I told him to give me a call when the first new 25' boat arrives so I could come look at it in person even if it's not mine or my exact model. I also made sure my deposit was refundable in case I see the new design in person and don't like it (though I really hope that won't be the case).

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
You may be our first 25' commit. That is AWESOME

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You may be our first 25' commit. That is AWESOME
I'm excited! Based on the pictures and videos, I'm not sure I'm in love with the new transom design but I want to see it in person before passing judgement. I think seeing it in person will win me over.

My dealer priced out the various 25 foot models for me before I decided on which to buy; his pricing on the AR250 was right in line with the pricing you reported in your other thread (the #1 and #4 dealers).

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Sadly moms is telling me she is feeling ill about $61k we may be back in a $35k budget I'm kind of bummed

burgjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just signed on the blue 195s. Ride now in Jax View attachment 130424
awesome, congrats! how was dealing with ridenow? I know their marine manager is active on here and has been pretty helpful answering questions. i live in Jax and it'd save me a trip from driving to BMC or cycle springs.