• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth Comm Err- '16 242 LSE- RESOLVED!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hypothetically (if one were going to install a GO12 XSE) would it be possible to somehow split the factory transducer lead to input into the Simrad? I will not be needing fishing style transducers (although I do want a forward scan one) so I would simply like the temp and sounder feature imported into the Simrad.
I was able to read depth and temp off of the bus on my laptop while connext was on and also receiving data so I don’t see why not. You would just need to make or buy a 4 pin adapter for the connector behind the helm to for the simrad n2k connector.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was able to read depth and temp off of the bus on my laptop while connext was on and also receiving data so I don’t see why not. You would just need to make or buy a 4 pin adapter for the connector behind the helm to for the simrad n2k connector.
The connector is actually a gray 4 pin that is in between the engines strapped to the back engine compartment.
Don’t ask how I know, well at least on a 2016 242 that’s where it is.

I was able to cross reference the airmar transducer and was just going to splice the Yamaha connector but for $200 that I was going to save didn’t want to mess w the waranty

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The connector is actually a gray 4 pin that is in between the engines strapped to the back engine compartment.
Don’t ask how I know, well at least on a 2016 242 that’s where it is.

I was able to cross reference the airmar transducer and was just going to splice the Yamaha connector but for $200 that I was going to save didn’t want to mess w the waranty
That is the transducer connector. There is a 4 pin plug with a empty cap behind the helm that can be utilized without splitting. This gets all of the n2k data.

Gray

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is the transducer connector. There is a 4 pin plug with a empty cap behind the helm that can be utilized without splitting. This gets all of the n2k data.
That sounds hopeful. Not being a fisher, I really have no need for a sophisticated finder/transducer. I do want the sounder and water temp, and the Simrad forward scan transducer linked to a GO9 XSE with Navionics charts.

Andy Forsyth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On mine it was the transducer that was bad. I had to replace it myself since the YES warranty doesn’t cover it.

It was easy just the part was $500.
Thanks. It worked perfectly for 2 days and then went AWOL again. No speed, depth or water temp. I'm going to have the dealer replace the transducer

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks. It worked perfectly for 2 days and then went AWOL again. No speed, depth or water temp. I'm going to have the dealer replace the transducer
If your speed is not working the transducer is not going to fix that. The transducer only reads depth and water temperature. The speed is read from the circular antenna at your helm.

If you don’t have depth, water temperaand speed you might have a different issue altogether, very unlikely the gos antenna (reads your speed) and transducer went out at the same time.

Andy Forsyth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks.
The two error messages that keep come up are:
"Depth Transducer Communication Error", and
"LIN Communication Error"
Connext Error Message_2018-06-12.JPG

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
getting the depth comm error also. Doesn anyone have a picture of the plug or how to check and see if it is the transducer or not before i just go buy a new one?

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2015 242 LS , first time out this season worked fine all last season and now it is suddenly giving me a depth comm error. Very annoying trying to shut off the alarm constantly.

Saarjon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On mine it was the transducer that was bad. I had to replace it myself since the YES warranty doesn’t cover it.

It was easy just the part was $500.
Hello,

I am having a similar problem. I took the transducer out but can’t find the exact replacement. Any chance you could tell me what airmar Triducer you used? would the USD800 work?

thank you.

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all, anyone have the part number for the OEM transducer? 2015 242 LS

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
for anyone looking, looks like the part number is
F2D-U8K1W-01-00
For those that have changed it themselves, do you have to remove the muffler completely or just undo the retaining straps and move?