• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Destin 9/5-9/12

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Any of my fellow interwebs boating friends live in this area, and want to take my wife and I out for a day? I will pay for gas, food/drinks, etc. We are super laid back and cool (at least I think so?)

I'm not in Destin, but I would if I could. You seem cool :)

Destin/Pensacola water is unreal in how different it is than Indiana water. We took our boat in June of this year. I'll never go to Florida with a boat again. The water is soooooo clear, and there are places to eat and things to do right on shore all over the place. Even just finding a random.beach for the kids to play in the sand was amazing. Beats the pants off uninhabited corps of engineers ran reservoirs.

You'll love it!

Bump, free day of boating and eating and drinking. I would be all over that offer!!!!

Why not just rent a boat? Even a clapped out pontoon in the bay or crab island for a day won’t break the bank. That’s what we did for the times I didn’t have my boat with me.

Why not just rent a boat? Even a clapped out pontoon in the bay or crab island for a day won’t break the bank. That’s what we did for the times I didn’t have my boat with me.
I probably will, would just be easier with a local that knows the area. Plus cool to meet someone from here, but ya that is more than likely what's going to happen. You can go on a 2 hour dolphin/swimming ride with 2 beers included for $40 a person, hell of a deal really

Cool. Just didn’t know if you were aware there are rental options there. Have a fun trip!

I’m in the area but I’m not sure if I’ll be out or not in that time frame. My work schedule has me on the road a lot last minute.

You can do half day or full day pontoon rentals from several places in Destin and Ft Walton. Crab Island is always a favorite, around high tide is the best time to get that blue/green water. I like to hang out on the west side just north of the Coast Guard station, the east side by the channel tends to be more the “party scene” Okaloosa Island which is right to the south west of Crab Island has some areas to beach and hang out, but the tide can get ripping through there pretty good. There are also the “tour” boats, depending what you book you can do anything from hang out at Crab Island for a few hours to a sea shell hunt and dolphin watching. BYOB is usually allowed/encouraged on the tours. (cans only)

Back