• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

diagnostic sweep....

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So heres a fun gag.......My wife bought herself a new mustang, been wanting one since she was 13. I took it out the other day for the first time, and sent her this image from the road.........It took her about a week before she figured out it was the diag sweep the dashboard does prior to ignition.......11.jpg

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh that's damn funny...

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's great! I had a '99 Mustang GT before I got married and had kids. The fastest I got it to before chickening out was 120mph. But even at that speed there was still plenty of pedel left, and if memory serves me correctly I was still only in 4th gear (but that has been a long time ago so don't hold me to that part of the story). I always wanted to find a flat spot to try and go faster, but around here there are so many hills and I always got scared there would be a cop coming up the other side of the hill.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome. I did go around 150 mph in my Vette a few weeks ago.
Where you on a track? Or just get really ballsy on the express way?

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So heres a fun gag.......My wife bought herself a new mustang, been wanting one since she was 13. I took it out the other day for the first time, and sent her this image from the road.........It took her about a week before she figured out it was the diag sweep the dashboard does prior to ignition.......View attachment 1131
Thats awesome! lol!!!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
150 is nuckin futs !! I did the richard petty track day at Lowes speedway last year. they give you the keys to a NASCAR and you follow a driver around the track for 8 laps......I always thought the rattle of my diesel was music...these machines sound incredible.

my top speed was 135......and some of that was 6" off the wall....these cars drive themselves I swear.....top speed that day was 148 I think...

150 i!!!!! that would have vaporized a rabbit trying to cross

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks my friend, that is our mid-life crisis/almost empty nester weekend road trip car. I drive a Tundra daily, Wife drives an Xterra.
Nice! I have my mid-life crisis all planned out....... Timing it when the boy gets settled in college so in 4.5 years! =)

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They grow up quick, so do tell what are the plans?
Let's just say it involves a condo and a sailboat down in the Sea of Cortez......Of course we will be bringing the Jetboat with us too! =) Can't get enough of the 85 degree water in October and the group of friends we have down there...... =)

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool, are you still flying for a living?
Schedules got really bad a while back, and my absence was reflected in my boys behavior. I chose to take a leave until the QOL issues get settled out at the airline..... I coach football and am creating my own super-secret gig right now!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool, I was thinking about you as we are flying Hawaiian Airlines in a few weeks to Hawaii, have not been on a bird in about 5 years, hate the TSA crap.
Very nice! Took my son to Kauai last summer for 16 days.... We mostly camped on the beach but surfed and hit waterfalls every day! Lead F/A gave us a row so we could sleep! I don't think the TSA Tango is as bad as it used to be, they are always very professional to us, in uniform or not......

Congrats again on the trip to Hawaii! Which Islands?