• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Diesel to Gas? Should I do it?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just traded the Duramax last night for the 1500 high country with the 6.2. I liked the duramax but we will prospectively towing in 2020 and beyond only a few times per year. I should have bought this truck in March, but I didn’t get hurt too bad on the deal in the end.
5632520B-B753-4E10-A25C-1D22655FB9B3.jpeg
I just traded the Duramax last night for the 1500 high country with the 6.2. I liked the duramax but we will prospectively towing in 2020 and beyond only a few times per year. I should have bought this truck in March, but I didn’t get hurt too bad on the deal in the end.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mark_m That's a sharp looking truck. Neighbor brought home a 2019 LTZ/Z71 truck this spring. He traded a 2016 2500 Duramax for it. So far he's been pretty pleased with it. Figures he'll keep it a few years then move back to the 2500. He does heavy construction though and is constantly sending me pics of his 1500 on the verge of being overloaded. Not sure he realized how much he used the 2500 capabilities when he traded.

I've been trying to convince the wife to let me upgrade my '15 GMC Sierra SLT+ for an '18 Denali. Local dealerships still have over 20 (combined) on the lot of '18 models. Some are selling them for low $40k range currently.....sticker prices are over $65k. They can't get the '18s to move off the lot though because everyone wants the '19+ body style.

The first 2018 Denali that breaks under $40k is gonna come home with me. Really want that 6.2L and a few of the other "denali" level options.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mark_m That's a sharp looking truck. Neighbor brought home a 2019 LTZ/Z71 truck this spring. He traded a 2016 2500 Duramax for it. So far he's been pretty pleased with it. Figures he'll keep it a few years then move back to the 2500. He does heavy construction though and is constantly sending me pics of his 1500 on the verge of being overloaded. Not sure he realized how much he used the 2500 capabilities when he traded.

I've been trying to convince the wife to let me upgrade my '15 GMC Sierra SLT+ for an '18 Denali. Local dealerships still have over 20 (combined) on the lot of '18 models. Some are selling them for low $40k range currently.....sticker prices are over $65k. They can't get the '18s to move off the lot though because everyone wants the '19+ body style.

The first 2018 Denali that breaks under $40k is gonna come home with me. Really want that 6.2L and a few of the other "denali" level options.
Thank you! The 6.2 is a fantastic motor, what I appreciate about the 19 is they have paired it to the 10 speed automatic transmission. It is almost as smooth shifting as the six speed Allison in the Duramax I had before. The torque on the gasser is roughly half of the Duramax, thus the seat of the pants feel isn’t as “direct” with the 6.2 but the overall ride and performance is more in line with my needs.

I think the ‘18 comes with an eight speed transmission and it would do very nicely pulling our boats. I have not towed yet, I’m trying to stay true to the breakin procedures as close as I can until I put the boat away for the winter.

The higher end goodies are really nice, hopefully they won’t get gremlins as the time and miles rack up. Good luck grabbing an ‘18 and thanks for the kind words!