• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Discovery <running engines at different RPMs reduces noise>

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Today I was cruising across the lake and I looked at my wife and asked, does the boat sound quieter to you? She said yes. Much quieter. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. I had inadvertently set the throttles to Port 6000 rpm and Stbd 5000 rpm. The difference in sound and resonance was amazing. I pushed stbd up to match at 6000 rpm and it was quit a noticeable difference. I spent the rest of the day running the stbd engine 1000 less than port.

I thought that would make you go in circles?
Just Kidding, I've noticed the sound difference when they aren't revving the same but I've never paid attention if they were that far off before.

Have you tried reducing the port engine to the starboard, do you get the same result?

At 5000 and 6000 I would be going about 10 mph.

Yes. I did try the opposite and it was louder. It's as if the stbd side has less sound proofing or something. Also with the 5000/6000 setup I was running 25 mph into the wind in heavy chop.

Yes. I did try the opposite and it was louder. It's as if the stbd side has less sound proofing or something. Also with the 5000/6000 setup I was running 25 mph into the wind in heavy chop.
Wow...is that the 1800 engines? It takes me 7K on both to get on plane at 20mph.

Yes, I have the 240 SX HO.

I bet that's nice...I'm a little jealous of the newer boats for sure...but I sure like not having a payment.

Back