• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DJI Mavic Drone

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If the warrnty/return policy starts on delivery why not verify it all works. Setup may take 10 minutes or all night.

The batteries should be at least half charged and the hub charges them one at a time not sequentially so it can’t hurt to top them off and have them ready for the to chase Santa down on the 25th.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Makes sense @Ronnie , I may be able to sell that!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sell it, didn’t you buy it?

Just kidding, I’m married too, so know how it is to have a Home based cfo/present guard.

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hmm, come to think of it, we have broken all three of the mens commandments...If it flys/f_ _ _ _/or floats, your better off renting! Just so no one gets the wrong idea, I adore my wife...and grateful she puts up with me!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just registered with FAA as a recreational pilot. Saw some YouTube posts this week that registration is now required, again, as of mid December.

In doing some google searches, I found a number of sites willing to collect my registration info and forward that on to the FAA after they made sure I did it right. I'm sure they planned to collect a small fee, as well.

Well, in looking at the form directly on the FAA site (https://registermyuas.faa.gov/restricted#/home)... all they want is my name and address. I'm pretty sure I can type that in correctly, myself. :)

Costs $5 for 3 year registration and can use the same number on all of your drones, whether you have multiple or upgrade throughout those 3 years. One person recommended printing the number on a label and sticking inside the battery compartment.

It's been painful not flying... weather has just been so cold since Christmas (between 0 and 10) I'm afraid of ruining my batteries, so I'm just watching more and more howto videos. I also ordered a new backpack after I looked at the one that came with the Fly More pack and decided that it's just too darn tight for me. Saw a couple videos that showed how to "tetris" the components into the bag... but geez, I prefer a compartment for everything. I bought this one instead. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1319574-REG/lowepro_lp37099_droneguard_bp_250.html

Will probably put my DJI bag up on ebay, unless anyone here didn't get the Fly More bundle and wants the bag for a few bucks. It's probably fine for the base system, but with all the extra batteries and chargers (and I want to pack my new GoPro and misc attachments with it), it's not for me.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They'll fly fine in the cold, just don't push it too hard. Took this the other day, was about 11 out.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They'll fly fine in the cold, just don't push it too hard. Took this the other day, was about 11 out.
Awesome video, thanks for the vote of confidence. I’ll get it out and play this weekend!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Any “lessons learned” to share? I haven’t had a chance to fly mine yet except for a quick checkout in beginners mode. I want to fly it today if I have time.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of these is on my want list now..... Spent a couple hours the other day(during this horrendous cold snap) daydreaming about boating by watching footage filmed by mavics.

very cool little machine.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any “lessons learned” to share? I haven’t had a chance to fly mine yet except for a quick checkout in beginners mode. I want to fly it today if I have time.
Watch for trees :)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Watch for trees :)
Spend a few minutes hovering before flying forward doing right and left circles , then figure 8s, when your comfortable do the same thing but it reverse (i.e., tail/rear first). If you are after good or high quality videos and/or stills you have to learn to fly slow and to hover patiently sometimes just rotating slowly to keep a subject in frame.