• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Other issues we have had with the boat:

3. Wake surfing wedges are a cheap answer and tuning the wake for surfing is not as easy as it looks in the review videos on youtube. Still havent fully got this fine-tuned.
5. Cooler location and access is poor and not useable as you would expect in such a high dollar purchase.
7. Plastic covers on throttle cover is shit poor quality. Cover on the passanger side is the same crap.
8. Limited storage (glove box)

If you are looking for a wake boat or any boat Scarab or the other Rec Boat Holding brands (Four Winns , Glastron , and Wellcraft) is not something I would consider again.
forgive me if i'm wrong, but most of these issues could have been spotted before purchase?... as they are the same on all boat models.

3. Yes. it is difficult to tune a wake to be surfable - especially since these are not wake specific boats - no matter what the "stickers on the side of the boat say".

5. Could this not have been spotted when the model was being displayed on the floor? im sure you saw the boat in person before you bought it. Yes it may be in a bad location, but you were fully aware of the cooler location when buying it.

7. same statement here: the materials didn't change on your boat when compared to the boat you viewed before purchase. If there is cheap plastic on your boat, there would have been the same cheap plastic on the floor model.

8. once again, the storage compartments for these models are all the same. you would have seen the size before buying. you agreed to purchase knowing the size of the storage.

I understand Scarab has had their quality issues, and its VERY OBVIOUS they are not holding up to what their brand used to be. But if half your list of "issues" are just things you overlooked, that's not on Scarab.

Once again, i'll restate - *these are not surf boats*. Yes they can be surfed on, but no matter how many stickers and water balloons you have, they are not wake specific boats.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m not saying that people shouldn’t be careful but by all accounts the Scarab jetboats are a successful product. There are some Scarab folks on this forum that have stated that the scarcity of the Scarab 2020 boats is on par with Yamaha and you can’t get one before December.

As for Benenteau, they sound like a holding company to me that maximizes profits in the companies that they own and then sell them off when they’re worth the most.

I could be wrong on this - I’m basing this on what some Scarab folks have stated in other threads.

With that being said, I don’t think I would buy a Scarab boat but that’s because I prefer Yamaha power plants to BRP.

ShlepRock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
For everyone worried about Scarab going bye bye please join the Scarab Jet Boat group on Facebook.. Leonard Maraist runs the page and is a well known dealer that explains whats going on and its not what your first knee jerk reactions are..
Like WiskyDan says:"As for Benenteau, they sound like a holding company to me that maximizes profits in the companies that they own and then sell them off when they’re worth the most. " Scarabs are sold out till Dec.. This is probably the most demand they have ever had.. Profits are maximized so its time to sell.. Benenteau stated they wanted to focus on larger boats 28' and up during their 5 year plan.
Even if no one buys them the engines are made by BRP who wont be going anywhere anytime soon and the parts will be available for years to come like the old Sea Doo boats.. Hope this helps everyone..