• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
As much as I would love to see someone do this, I would advise you check with an attorney first and make sure you are not setting yourself up for a defamation lawsuit. Yes, it probably isn't defamation, but they can still take you to court, and you still have to defend yourself, and I'm betting money they have deeper pockets.
Within 10 minutes the show promoters would shut his booth down. Sad but true.

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, with that attitude towards people about an issue, I wonder why Scarab won’t fix his boat. Probably gave them the same attitude. Not everyone knows a Scarab boat by looking at the picture which is also really small. I believe the reader is probably newer to jet boats. Just something to think about before you put everyone on blast!

ScarabHO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
can protest [flag]lol. Sorry I was short with scarab as well, same with the dealership. The scarab name is world class, and a lot of us were not getting world class (yes i know its smaller version ) But with the name i would expect better quality is all. As I am sure a lot of owners did too.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
These boats are junk. I'm putting down triple payments at this point so I can have a better even trade in.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
can protest [flag]lol. Sorry I was short with scarab as well, same with the dealership. The scarab name is world class, and a lot of us were not getting world class (yes i know its smaller version ) But with the name i would expect better quality is all. As I am sure a lot of owners did too.
Yes i know scarab has some issues, had some of my own, sorry about yours, but my boat is not a lemon!
There has been BIG boat companys and car company's with shit products and LEMONS!
I have had a new truck that was a total LEMON!
I had chaparral boat (top of the line and it had major engine issue for the first year, still loved the boat. My friend had a yamaha jet boat years ago and nothing but issues.
I believe scarab watches this forum and hope they take it serious to correct past/ future boat andcustomer issues

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes i know scarab has some issues, had some of my own, sorry about yours, but my boat is not a lemon!
There has been BIG boat companys and car company's with shit products and LEMONS!
I have had a new truck that was a total LEMON!
I had chaparral boat (top of the line and it had major engine issue for the first year, still loved the boat. My friend had a yamaha jet boat years ago and nothing but issues.
I believe scarab watches this forum and hope they take it serious to correct past/ future boat andcustomer issues
Likewise, I have 2015 HOI and it’s fn awesome! Had some small issues that we handled with great customer service via scarab directly. Great boat buy scarab!!!
Like u said doesn’t matter what u get , nothing’s perfect

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Likewise, I have 2015 HOI and it’s fn awesome! Had some small issues that we handled with great customer service via scarab directly. Great boat buy scarab!!!
Thanks
I do wish that seadoo repair shops could do our engine warranties because they have experience with drive trains.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I want to add I mean no disrespect to anyone, please continue to post issues and our opinions when needed. I have learned alot from the postings here and I hope the dealers/scarab have too.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any update on this?

tewilx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Anyone looking to buy a scarab.. do not!!!

My scarab looks beautiful. But is the scarab boat built with quality?

Just months after having the boat I had stress cracks all over the right side above the rub rail.

After taking my brand new scarab to a boat shop to get repaired the boat shop advised me the cause of this was due to boat fiber glass being extremely thin.

Notice in the picture they sanded right through the fiberglass because it was so thin.

I advised scarab and they said it will be fine.

Scarab agreed to fix the boat under warranty this time. I advised scarab again. The construction is extremely thin. I asked are you sure you don’t want to do something else so that this doesn’t happen agian? Scarab advises it’s completely normal.

To no surprise more cracks appeared.

Scarab warranty rep advised me to get a quote to have it repaired. They told me I could wait until winter to get it repaired so I didn’t lose time on the lake. Just so you know if your boat is in the shop for warranty work you don’t get to use your boat and scarab doesn’t care.

Months later after submitting the quote they said it’s out of warranty. The boat only has 50 hours!!! I have had the same issue with the boat since I purchased it.

I have since hired an attorney he is gathering all the needed information currently.

I simply would like to warn everyone!!!

Sea•Doo And Scarab Boat Owners
Scarab Jet boats
Bought a 2019 255 WAK3.
I have had many quality issues with this boat.
Reverse clip fell off the boat (and many more issues) and the boat was in the shop and unusable for 4 weeks out of the 1st 6 weeks after purchase. The clip falling off caused the throttle cable to kink and burnt up the reverse module. Scarab manufacture rep. was barely responsive and ultimately offered a free toilet for compensation of the lost family vacation. I declined the offer and insisted that it was worth more and I would rather inform the public of the poor quality build Scarab is providing the customer. The Local dealer I purchased my boat has dropped Scarab line for the "LACK" of QUALITY. Mine was the last Scarab they sold. I would never purchase another scarab. I will most likely trade mine for a better quality yet this year.
Other issues we have had with the boat:
1. Screws through the hull are secured with silicone not molded in the fiberglass, so if you need to take off the impeller grate guards the nuts will fall off the interior of the hull.
2. When manufactured they leave fiberglass shavings from drilling and zip ties in the hull and in the engine compartment. Fiberglass shavings falling out of the dashboard for weeks and out of the drain plug.
3. Wake surfing wedges are a cheap answer and tuning the wake for surfing is not as easy as it looks in the review videos on youtube. Still havent fully got this fine-tuned.
4. Windshield door fell inside the frame from improper installation.
5. Cooler location and access is poor and not useable as you would expect in such a high dollar purchase.
6. Trailer is rusting already.
7. Plastic covers on throttle cover is shit poor quality. Cover on the passanger side is the same crap.
8. Limited storage (glove box)
9. Floor ski storage doors need silencers.
10. I have to purchase the MAP somewhere online for the GPS to work properly??? Maps suck!!!

If you are looking for a wake boat or any boat Scarab or the other Rec Boat Holding brands (Four Winns , Glastron , and Wellcraft) is not something I would consider again.

Shane miller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Love my scarab. Sorry about your misfortunes.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was this ever resolved?

Stacey in SC

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Following...sorry for buyers remorse so fast! That is awful. I can see buying one - they are gorgeous.

PatAv8r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I've been thinking of buying a 285 for over a year now, then I read this thread right before I was going to pay the deposit lol... has anyone experienced issues like this with the 285? I've been going back and forth between the Yamaha 275 SD and the 285, I know, they are very different boats.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been thinking of buying a 285 for over a year now, then I read this thread right before I was going to pay the deposit lol... has anyone experienced issues like this with the 285? I've been going back and forth between the Yamaha 275 SD and the 285, I know, they are very different boats.
Aren’t Scarabs being discontinued?

Scarab is one of the brands that is not part of Groupe Beneteau’s new strategy.

Groupe Beneteau outlined its modified, five-year strategy Thursday, saying it will respond to the Covid-19 pandemic by taking a number of measures.

The Groupe will move from 12 strategic brands to eight: Beneteau, Jeanneau, Prestige, Lagoon, Four Winns, Wellcraft, Delphia and Excess.

PatAv8r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Wow I had no idea, thanks for the article I appreciate it.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t think Scarab is going anywhere - sounds like the holding company that owned them is putting them up for sale and since they‘re profitable (basing this on what some others have stated) I’m guessing that they will be attractive to potential suitors.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t think Scarab is going anywhere - sounds like the holding company that owned them is putting them up for sale and since they‘re profitable (basing this on what some others have stated) I’m guessing that they will be attractive to potential suitors.
Maybe, but I would tread very carefully until such an acquisition is complete, and the future is clear.

It would suck to drop $$$ on a new boat, only to see dealer/service support evaporate. And, in the event a purchaser isn’t found, the residual value of the boat is going to be seriously questionable.

They weren’t profitable enough for Beneteau to keep them.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They weren’t profitable enough for Beneteau to keep them.
Something is going on with Beneteau, they are closing their Marion, So. Carolina manufacturing plant in September. Our sailboat was built there shortly after it opened.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I second what Jim says. I wouldn't be purchasing a Scarab until they have new ownership.