• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Docking recommendation: fixed dock + massive wake boarders wakes = nervous wreck!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The port aft of your boat must have taken a beating last year. The new plan will be good for the boat once tied off, but ... and I can’t stress this enough .... it will be difficult to get your boat into the slip that way with any moderate wind or wakes coming off the water towards land. Even with fins this is challenging. The trick here is patience and actively working the throttles and wheel. Padding the pole and using it to arrest the movement towards land will be a big help in this regard.

Two more tips. Given a fixed dock and rough water leave just a bit of slack in the lines. Last tip to ensure ropes don’t come lose is to make sure you are tying to the cleats correctly. It only takes one half wrap and three tail under loops for each line to tie off a yacht indefinitely and that is no different for our boats.
Definetly use spring lines and crossing stern lines, they were missing in last years setup. As far as docking in windy conditions or in a current, we have found these very useful. We use them on our bigger Beneteau and they take the stress out of docking. Very easy to set up on a spring line and once around a cleat you use the line and stearing/reverse engine power to your advantage, to glide right in. https://jetboaters.net/threads/docking-stick-boat-hook-adapters.19009/ They work great for us, removes anxiety at docking. We use 2. Up here there are few pilings to tie to at slips, so in lew of a piling, you put a line on the port side midship cleat and run aft to cleat at pos. 6 on dock will keep the bow from drifting into the dock. Tied up correctly, she should sit in the slip without the fenders rubbing on the dock. This may put the boat out where it is uncomfortable to board, but you can shorten a line while boarding.

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We have a similar problem at our place.

Solution was to keep the boat on a mooring when we aren’t around. The boat doesn’t get beat up the same way as when it’s tied to the dock. And the jackasses stay further away from the dock.

Even if you don’t want to keep your boat on a mooring I’d suggest getting the association together and setting one as far out as legally allowed. Keep an old dinghy or kayak on the mooring. Most people are smart enough to avoid surfing/skiing/tubing between a mooring and dock.

Last edited:

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hi there,
T Dock is an international manufacturer and provider of floating docks that can be used in a variety of ways, including jet-ski platforms, boat moorings and even floating solar power plants.
The flexible German design allows the blocks to be assembled in any manner the customers see fit. Our blocks are built to meet the highest European quality standards and use only recycled plastics.
T Dock operates on a “safety first”- principle and offers a high degree of flexibility for solutions involving floating surfaces. T Dock also offers 24/7 service and in-house financing.
T Dock offers a full project management service package to ensure delivery of turnkey projects.
In addition to offering floating solar installation services, T Dock also offers rooftop solar mounting, financing, and project management solutions.
The company headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, and T Dock currently partners with many distributors worldwide to meet the ever increasing demand for its revolutionary products.
If you have a minute or two to learn more about us please feel free to contact us directly or check out our website- T Dock - Plastic Floating Docks | Easy to Assemble Floating Plastic Docks.

Thank you for your time and we are looking forward to hear back from you!
How is this helpful?? I appreciate the all the vendors on this forum that only jump in when they can be helpful and contribute helpful advice/information to a thread topic and DON'T just throw commercials into a thread. IMO this is not only unhelpful but annoying.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How is this helpful?? I appreciate the all the vendors on this forum that only jump in when they can be helpful and contribute helpful advice/information to a thread topic and DON'T just throw commercials into a thread. IMO this is not only unhelpful but annoying.
Agree...Looks like the same post on a lot of threads this AM. I don't know all the rules about advertising, but @Administrative will.

20201002_103803.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I removed T Dock Sales Team and the account’s posts. Had the account joined and posted in relevant or new threads it would have been considered a vendor.

The account had an IP address in Serbia and posted in irrelevant threads. The company appears to be based on Germany. This behavior is consistent with accounts that have been classified as SPAM and removed in the past.

Thank you for the reports.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I agree you definitely want dock #4! The next thing I’d invest in is big fenders. I prefer Taylor made with the optional covers to prevent rubbing. Look at the ones you think are the right size then get the next size up. Second thing is get some fender mounts. The Yamaha’s cleats are about the worst place to mount fenders the way the bow curves in and stern one is so low. I use PhendePro mounts and added them in where the windshield glass ends fore and aft on both sides. Lastly, long dock lines are what you want so you don’t rip cleats out. I would run them in an X pattern, bow to the furthest cleat on the dock in the rear, stern to furthest cleat towards the water. They can be tight and it still allows the boat to rise and fall without putting undo stress on the cleats. Any of the guys who dock in the ocean with tides will tell you long lines keep you from hanging your boat! As an added good measure I would throw a loop around the pole you speak of real loose and tie to the opposing bow cleat. If the above setup fails, which I doubt it would, at least that would keep it from drifting away.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm stuck on, "My lakehouse"!!! That's interesting that the cleats would get pulled out.
I have pulled up to a public dock plenty of times only to find a dock cleats with a lot of play. Either fasteners On the verge of failure, wood rot, metal fatigue, and overall poor maintenance. I’m sure just add boat traffic above wake speed to accelerate dock failures and consequential boat damage. I have looked at some lake houses for sale in my area by boat only to find the dock in state of disrepair.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I installed what my wife calls baby bumpers for the dock. Dock fenders. And they add protection on those windy days, strong currents or chop. Your slip neighbors may thank you to. The cruiser next to my boat left marks on my corner bumper as it must have scraped along the dock. The cost is comparable to having a gel coat repair.