• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does the 2023 AR250 have maps built in?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thinking about possible picking up a 2023 AR250. Does the AR250 have maps built into the screen or do I need to move to the S models to get that feature? Also are the maps upgradeable like I can insert a premium chart card or something?

I have a 252 with maps and they are useless.

I find the older Garmin GPS maps useless for anything but tracks and XM weather big picture... I don't upgrade as it is a cheap way to get XM radio and nexrad weather out beyond cell phone range... I use a separate iPad with with both vector and raster charts from Timezero TZ iBoat... and I can overlay my furuno radar return over the maps. very useful. Go for the biggest screen area you can get...

not the same as having a dedicated gps I guess?

Not at all - you can't input coordinates, you can only save waypoints when you are at that location... and then you can only name them with three letters (like high score on an arcade from the 80s). If you choose to go back to that location, it just gives you a straight line to that location, it doesn't actually navigate you. IMO it is complete trash.

I have a 2022 AR250. Same issues adrianp89 mentioned but on a 7" screen. I ended up buying a chartplotter and mounting it to the right of/behind the Connext.

Not at all - you can't input coordinates, you can only save waypoints when you are at that location... and then you can only name them with three letters (like high score on an arcade from the 80s). If you choose to go back to that location, it just gives you a straight line to that location, it doesn't actually navigate you. IMO it is complete trash.

The straight line is typical a most Marine GPS units unless you have upgraded charts with auto guidance built-in so I’m used to that, but is there no way for you to actually chart a plot then? If not then yes that is pretty pointless Except for maybe around your local water ways.

The straight line is typical a most Marine GPS units unless you have upgraded charts with auto guidance built-in so I’m used to that, but is there no way for you to actually chart a plot then? If not then yes that is pretty pointless Except for maybe around your local water ways.

Not to my knowledge. Maybe they pushed an update but I doubt it.

I have a 2022 AR250. Same issues adrianp89 mentioned but on a 7" screen. I ended up buying a chartplotter and mounting it to the right of/behind the Connext.
Curios what Chartplotter you purchased and how is it working for you? Having the same issue. Thanks.

Curios what Chartplotter you purchased and how is it working for you? Having the same issue. Thanks.

I have a 12" Lowrance Hook 2. I bought it because it was worth the risk of the deal being a scam at $600. It is a little bit too big for the space, but I like the size. The unit itself is fairly low end. It is not touch screen. I often have to power it on and off a couple times to get it to pick up on my location. It also will not pick up your location unless you're going less than 2mph. Picture is mainly to show how it fits.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230302_205057_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230302_205057_Photos.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 37
I have a 12" Lowrance Hook 2. I bought it because it was worth the risk of the deal being a scam at $600. It is a little bit too big for the space, but I like the size. The unit itself is fairly low end. It is not touch screen. I often have to power it on and off a couple times to get it to pick up on my location. It also will not pick up your location unless you're going less than 2mph. Picture is mainly to show how it fits.
This is great info. Really appreciate the pic as well. Thank you.

Here is an Axiom 9 installed on my ‘23 AR250. Barely fits but like the screen size.22F7DF1B-CAE1-4555-8DDE-218AF36C5FB8.jpeg

Here is an Axiom 9 installed on my ‘23 AR250. Barely fits but like the screen size.View attachment 195219

Love our Raymarine Axiom 9 RV I installed on our sailboat. Did you install a transducer? If so, was it an RV100? Installed an RV200 thru hull with ours and love the detail.

I love our Axiom 9 too. Yep, we put the RV100 on it. I bought it more for the map overlay and to know where I am at in the rivers.

Yep, sunk 5 or 6 directly into the dash. With the screen on it you you barely notice

Back