• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Double wake surf rack

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I see, you use it with 2 boards. I only have one. Can you explain how you tie your bungee. The bungee is attached to the top end off the back piece. Do you carry it above the boards then down and tie it where? Or do you start going down behind the boards and go up the front and tie it where?
You may have to experiment with adjusting the end knots on the bungee for a better fit. When we used ours with the one board, look out if you let it go or if it slipped out your grip!

Acastrellon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
You may have to experiment with adjusting the end knots on the bungee for a better fit. When we used ours with the one board, look out if you let it go or if it slipped out your grip!
Yeah i want to know where you tie it to. Seems like the tower attachment will get in the way to get it to those hooks

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Over and around i see. Where do you tie it to? Btw I really appreciate you sharing!!
We pulled the bungee over and around and actually behind it to where it would hook onto the bottom of the cross member.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah i want to know where you tie it to. Seems like the tower attachment will get in the way to get it to those hooks
We thought that also, so we went out and got the swivel attachments. At the time of our purchase, the swivels were only available in chrome, not sure if that's their only option today.

Acastrellon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
We thought that also, so we went out and got the swivel attachments. At the time of our purchase, the swivels were only available in chrome, not sure if that's their only option today.
It is still the only option. I got it too.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is still the only option. I got it too.
We're hoping you'll enjoy the benefits of having the board(s) mounted horizontally as we have. We found it makes a big difference when approaching/docking under many covered boat slips. Keep us informed of your experience with it. [flag]

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have the same Reborn rack. I do like the fact that the boards are tight against the boat. We don’t worry about hitting the adjacent boat when tied up together. Only issue we had was I had to order some bungee cord from the get go. There was absolutely no way the bungee cord strap that it came with was gonna go over and then back up to the rack hooks. I just bought bungee cord off Amazon and replaced the entire thing. A single board will “move” a little running down the lake but you’re not gonna lose the board.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You can use a foam pool noodle or two as a makeshift spacer inside the rack. It’ll help to apply a light pressure to the board to stop it from moving around. Has worked well for me in the past.

Acastrellon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
You can use a foam pool noodle or two as a makeshift spacer inside the rack. It’ll help to apply a light pressure to the board to stop it from moving around. Has worked well for me in the past.
Yeah last night I purchased one of those exercise balance pads to test the fit. Will let you all know how it goes.

Acastrellon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
We have the same Reborn rack. I do like the fact that the boards are tight against the boat. We don’t worry about hitting the adjacent boat when tied up together. Only issue we had was I had to order some bungee cord from the get go. There was absolutely no way the bungee cord strap that it came with was gonna go over and then back up to the rack hooks. I just bought bungee cord off Amazon and replaced the entire thing. A single board will “move” a little running down the lake but you’re not gonna lose the board.
just looked into the bungee and bought 1/4” bungee and some 1/2” rings, i agree it was way too tight.

Last edited:

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question - if I want to bring maybe one surf board and one wake board, is it a better idea to just get a surf-focused rack? My thinking being that a wakeboard will easily fit in a surf rack, but a surf board may be too big for a wake rack?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Question - if I want to bring maybe one surf board and one wake board, is it a better idea to just get a surf-focused rack? My thinking being that a wakeboard will easily fit in a surf rack, but a surf board may be too big for a wake rack?
Yes. I’ve carried a wakeboard in my surf rack with no issues. If it is too loose and you need to go fast or something you can always wrap it in something or use an extra strap.

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You may want to keep the boots attached to the wakeboard when using it with the surf rack, less chance of loosing the board.