• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plug led Diablo Royal ??

Tlaux

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've got a 2012 212X, looking to get a boat plug light. Like to get one that I can leave in and still drain the boat, anyone have any recommendations on which one I should get. Looking for something bright.
Thanks

DeeAmericanDream

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So, as an update: I swapped out the 900 lumen original Diablo with the Vega which is 8000 lumen. I wired it into a missle launch switch in the battery compartment as I don't want little hands turning this on by accident. I have had it out once at night since the install and the water was really murky - no more than 12 inches of visibility. All I can say is WOW what a fantastic light for $200.

Will it fit with our Yamaha’s plastic drain housing or does that have to be changed as well?

Thanks

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My metal diablo plug was nearly seized in the garboard I had installed to replace the plastic housing. what are you all applying to the metal threads to help seal it, but keep it from getting stuck?

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I use white lithium grease, and when tighten, try not to overtigthen.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've got a 2012 212X, looking to get a boat plug light. Like to get one that I can leave in and still drain the boat, anyone have any recommendations on which one I should get. Looking for something bright.
Thanks
I got this set up and I like it. Light is always there

Attachments

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone ever find a replace app for the Dagon 5150 Bluetooth LED controller that works? There are number of apps on the App Store, but I haven't had a chance to download and try any of them. Annoying to have to open the engine hatch to point the IR remote to turn them on/off/change colors.

Greg__Berger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We recently got a 2006 SX230 HO and speaking with boatlightplug customer service, they recommended The Typhoon as the only light that would fit our application. I'd prefer the higher light output of The Vega, but seems like it would be a very tight fit as it's right at 2.25" ind diameter. Any chance someone has successfully tried that light with a drain plug set up like ours?

Attachments

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Greg__Berger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @msavold , once I got a good look at the drain plug you could tell pretty much nothing but the typhoon or MAYBE the Vega would fit. Maybe I could try a different tact here and ask if anyone has just a single Typhoon installed? If so, are you happy with the light output? Any pictures?

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @msavold , once I got a good look at the drain plug you could tell pretty much nothing but the typhoon or MAYBE the Vega would fit. Maybe I could try a different tact here and ask if anyone has just a single Typhoon installed? If so, are you happy with the light output? Any pictures?
Tested it and it seemed to have a good output but stopped the install when I found the holes didn't line up with the ones from my drain plug. It's going back.
I'm thinking now about switching to a transom-mounted light installed right above the drain plug, leaving the factory drain plug alone. At that point there are a lot of other options in play for similar prices to boatpluglighs.

kennetht

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I went ahead and replaced both plastic drain plug to brass plugs.
Cleaned out the old clear silicone
View attachment 30769
How did you remove the silicone good? I tried using a razor blade scraper to get it off, but it scratches the boat pretty easily. I dont wanna do that.

If anyone has any tips to remove silicone, thanks in advance!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Eraser wheel with a drill and/or a similar wheel with a dremel.