• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plug led Diablo Royal ??

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wired mine into my pole light so that at night when the light is on, so are my under water lights. I know some guys have a fear of kicking the lights on while not underwater and risk burning up the lights, but I have not had that experience to date.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wired mine into my pole light so that at night when the light is on, so are my under water lights. I know some guys have a fear of kicking the lights on while not underwater and risk burning up the lights, but I have not had that experience to date.
I like that installation, the only issue with this is if your on the water LEO decides to be a stickler about your running lights. Just in case I run into a letter of the law officer I want to be able to turn mine off while still keeping my white running light on.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes that could occur for sure, but in my past two years with them it has not. Additionally for the smaller 1200's that I am running they are not bright enough to really have anyone create a stink I believe.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my two Typhons installed tonight with the adaptors they sell at boatpluglight.com. I got the wireless controller, which works great. I am just a little leery of it accidentally getting turned on, when it is stored or something. I did not install an inline fuse, but was thinking of possibly splicing that in there and then taking out the fuse when I store the boat, so there is no way the lights can go on, but I think I am just being nervous. Install was fairly easy, ran wires into engine compartment then over to the battery. Got it all done in about 2 hours. None of the connections seem to be in an area where they will every really get that wet. Looks good out of water. I am hoping to get some water shots this weekend and test to make sure the plugs are water tight.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my two Typhons installed tonight with the adaptors they sell at boatpluglight.com. I got the wireless controller, which works great. I am just a little leery of it accidentally getting turned on, when it is stored or something. I did not install an inline fuse, but was thinking of possibly splicing that in there and then taking out the fuse when I store the boat, so there is no way the lights can go on, but I think I am just being nervous. Install was fairly easy, ran wires into engine compartment then over to the battery. Got it all done in about 2 hours. None of the connections seem to be in an area where they will every really get that wet. Looks good out of water. I am hoping to get some water shots this weekend and test to make sure the plugs are water tight.

What adapter did they sell you? I have a 2017 AR210 and after selling me what they thought was the correct adapter, they later returned my order. I bought the typhoon with this adapter https://boatpluglight.myshopify.com/collections/adapters-and-splitters/products/new-style-adapter-sea-doo-yamaha-newer-boats-bass-boats

The adapter didn't work and my boat took on water in the bilge.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would encourage you to swap out the plastic drain plug / housing and replace with the standard garboard style. It is a simple and quick process and then you have the ability to use any of the lights that use the standard plug thread. I honestly feel better having the brass fitting instead of the plastic.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would encourage you to swap out the plastic drain plug / housing and replace with the standard garboard style. It is a simple and quick process and then you have the ability to use any of the lights that use the standard plug thread. I honestly feel better having the brass fitting instead of the plastic.
I don't think that's an option in my case.IMG_2988.JPG IMG_2989.JPG

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jeff_s I apologize I didn't realize it was different! I'm still on the old 2015...

That said, I would think if you wanted to you could still do it. The 1/2" could mount over the existing hole. You seal with marine grade sealant and then plug up. You would just have to drill the three holes. Really it wouldn't be much different than on another boat because you are still surface mounting and there is always the original hole/location behind the new mounted brass fitting. Does that make sense? It really just depends on how much space you have in that location as to if the 1/2" will fit or not. If it does, I would look into it, unless you just simply don't want to mess with it. I did this for two reasons: first I was able to mount any drain plug light I wanted because it is the standard fitting and two because if I were to lose a plastic drain plug traveling somewhere or god forbid on the water, nearly every marine shop on the water will have a replacement plug.

Attachments

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I ordered that adapter too and had to return it and order the long adapter with the two step threads and it worked fine, did not take on any water yesterday. I also have the garboard drain plugs I got at west marine so I may swap those in. as far as the lights, they look better on camera I was a bit disappointed in the brightness. With that said they were only 49 bucks each, the Typhons and I was on intercoastal water which was a little murky. I might upgrade to the Vegas if we wend up going out at night more often. that would bring me from 2000 lumens to 16,000 and I imagine that would be awesome.
this adapter https://boatpluglight.com/collections/adapters-and-splitters/products/drain-plug-adapter-for-plastic-drains

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Now looking at the picture I posted of the plastic drain plug, i need to see if I have enough space to put in a brass 1/2 drain, it is right below the step and its a tigth fit.
They have a adapter that lets you keep the plastic drain plugs. I have two typhons in mine with there special plug that works with the plastic drain plugs. No need to change to brass.

BassLakeAR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First off, great thread guys. Happy to find one related to the site I was browsing.

Now my question is with a brand new boat still under warranty would using the ACME style lights where you physically change the drain plug would that void the warranty? I could see it backfiring in the event something went seriously wrong. Thanks in advance. Plan on purchasing sooner than later. If anyone has questions on RGB LED's I have some suggestions that may help with install!

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the single light it works well in clear water. Not so much as when I am traveling but when I am at the dock or rafted up. For the money it is worth buying.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the single light it works well in clear water. Not so much as when I am traveling but when I am at the dock or rafted up. For the money it is worth buying.
@luckie_529

I'm guessing you went with the Typhon or Vega? You didn't take on any water like @jeff_s experienced?

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the typhoon style. My boat took on water before and after. It has been dry with the light in. I got some clear thread grease before installing it. The most my boat is in the water is three days at a time. I would buy it again

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jeff_s
Were you ever able to get a drain plug to work?

I'm going through threads and looking for those who may have had success with the articulating keel. I'd rather not drill holes if a drain plug light will work.

Nope. I was told they don’t make an adapter for Yamaha’s with the articulating keel. See the email chain below I had with them.
AF408BD1-8A53-4E5A-B3A5-46D0C512AF5E.png 76207221-58CF-4AD7-9781-EF4D6724282B.jpeg
32878C3B-E7B4-45B0-911D-928DF687A1C7.png

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jeff_s

I already put my boat into storage by the time I caught the bug for the LED lights. So I emailed the same guys you did asking if their product would fit or not.
Due to my boat being in storage I wasn’t able to take any measurements and had the dealer send me some info.
This is the last email I received from boatpluglight. I haven’t stopped by the dealer to look into it any further yet.
But after looking at your emails and mine it appears they must have broke down and are hopefully making one that will fit like a glove.

Attachments

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the typhoon style. My boat took on water before and after. It has been dry with the light in. I got some clear thread grease before installing it. The most my boat is in the water is three days at a time. I would buy it again
@luckie
@luckie_529
Does your '16 drain plug appear to be the same as the pics @jeff_s posted above? Wondering if the measurements are the same. Why were you taking on water prior to the LED?

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to buy the adapter to make the light work in my drain plug.

I think that some of the water comes in throuyeither drain plugs with the course threads.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to buy the adapter to make the light work in my drain plug.

I think that some of the water comes in throuyeither drain plugs with the course threads.
@luckie_529
I'm hoping the larger diameter plug adapter that's in the works will fit like a glove and eliminate the water issues.