• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plug led Diablo Royal ??

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To see back by the scupper outlet you'll have to look through the cleanout tray.

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just ordered an 8k RGB Vega w/ Adapter.

Giddy up!

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got and installed the Vega. It looks awesome in our not so clear lake. Will post pics next time I am out on the water at night. Thanks @Scuba_ref for answering my questions.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My pleasure...I find I know so little compared to many on this forum, so any little bit I can contribute makes me happy. My contributions on the forum are very similar to my contributions to the church choir - I listen!!

Can't wait to see the pics.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was very impressed with the output compared to how low in the water the light was mounted.

JimL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The wires came through the clean out tray compartment not into the engine compartment where my bilge pump is. On my boat there is an access hatch in the battery compartment to get at the wires for the YDS software...that area is connected to the area under the clean out access. That is where I came through to the battery. I'd take pictures but I don't have my boat right now.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Could you fish your wires through the drain hole directly into the bilge area? I tried mousing mine in and I don't see the wires anywhere near my bilge pump....[/QUOTE
My pleasure...I find I know so little compared to many on this forum, so any little bit I can contribute makes me happy. My contributions on the forum are very similar to my contributions to the church choir - I listen!!

Can't wait to see the pics.
Hey scuba ref, seems like you're the one that has some answers about these lights. I bought one of those vega lights with the adapter for the Yamaha boats, but when I shoved the wire through the drain plug it's nowhere to be found in the engine compartment. I hope that I can still use the light. I have a 2016 212X. I hope that you know what to do. Thanks

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You will have to take off the clean out Port cover to see the wire. There is a wall that seperate the rear engine wall and total back of the boat. Or you may be able to push a fish tape out the back from inside the engine bay to gain access and just tape the wires to the fish tape and pull back in.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You will have to take off the clean out Port cover to see the wire. There is a wall that seperate the rear engine wall and total back of the boat. Or you may be able to push a fish tape out the back from inside the engine bay to gain access and just tape the wires to the fish tape and pull back in.
Ok. So I have to remove the oval cover between the clean out plugs? I'll try that. Thanks

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Av8tor07 Just saw your message, I'm far from an expert as I've only had two of their lights on my boat. Looks like @2nazt got you the info you need. That is exactly where you need to look for your wire fished through the drain hole.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Av8tor07 Just saw your message, I'm far from an expert as I've only had two of their lights on my boat. Looks like @2nazt got you the info you need. That is exactly where you need to look for your wire fished through the drain hole.
I got it. Now I just have to find a way into the engine compartment and to the battery. Thanks

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got it. Thanks

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are you guys powering your drain plug lights? I bought the Typhoon just havent figured out how to power it and activate it.
Thanks

#boatpluglight #typhoon

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref
Thanks for the quick reply.
I purchased a similar fuse block (Bluesea 5025) that I plan on installing in the near future.

I'm decent at wiring as I wired up my truck with lights and acessories. Boats are a little different playing field. Did you power your fuse block from the battery switch or run a line right from the battery?

Those rockers are nice and the price is good too. I think I'm gonna order one of those today.

Installing the switch in an area so it can't be accidentally turned on is a good idea.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My light came with a really large resistor so that has to play into the wiring equation and given that I am writing this from memory I'm pretty sure the resistor is on the positive wire between the fuse box and the light.

Negative from the light goes directly to the negative on the battery (or your negative bus if you have one)
Positive from the battery (or your positive bus if you have one) goes to the fuse box, then from the fuse box to the switch, then from the switch to the resistor, then from the resistor to the light.

I can verify that for you later today if you would like. I'd also be happy to take a picture of the spaghetti pile of wires in my battery compartment and try to highlight the wires in question. I have wiring in there for the stock boat plus LED lights plus perfect pass plus a power run to the helm for another fuse box plus a usb charger plus a high water alarm - hence the spaghetti look.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jeff_s I did the same minus the rocker switch with my install. Its pretty much just a red (+) and black (-) install with a resistor on the red wire between the light and the power source. If you wanted to have your fuse box run from your switch you could do that or have it run directly from your house battery. I currently have mine running directly from the house battery.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jeff_s I did the same minus the rocker switch with my install. Its pretty much just a red (+) and black (-) install with a resistor on the red wire between the light and the power source. If you wanted to have your fuse box run from your switch you could do that or have it run directly from your house battery. I currently have mine running directly from the house battery.
Sounds easy enough. Ty!

My light came with a really large resistor so that has to play into the wiring equation and given that I am writing this from memory I'm pretty sure the resistor is on the positive wire between the fuse box and the light.

Negative from the light goes directly to the negative on the battery (or your negative bus if you have one)
Positive from the battery (or your positive bus if you have one) goes to the fuse box, then from the fuse box to the switch, then from the switch to the resistor, then from the resistor to the light.

I can verify that for you later today if you would like. I'd also be happy to take a picture of the spaghetti pile of wires in my battery compartment and try to highlight the wires in question. I have wiring in there for the stock boat plus LED lights plus perfect pass plus a power run to the helm for another fuse box plus a usb charger plus a high water alarm - hence the spaghetti look.
No need to go thru the trouble of taking pics. I lol'd at spaghetti. I believe my light has a built in resistor too.