• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plug led Diablo Royal ??

Fourjets

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Pics of end result?
Do you love em or like them?

JimL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I have not looked to hard but whats the process of getting the original drain plug out of the boats? Mine is a metal plug that doesn't really came out that I know of it just unscrews and sit in the hole still.

View attachment 48634

Those are 2 stage plugs. If you keep unscrewing it will come all of the way out. Their "plastic drain plug adaptor" (which is annodozed aluminum) replaces it. He calls out plastic because of a lot of plugs that style are plastic. Ours are metal on Yamaha's.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those that have done the 8000 lumens drain plug light on the 2007-2009 SX boats do you think you should have gone with the transom mount? I ask because our drain plug is low and tucked under the stern a bit and didn't know if that was a huge factor in performance. Do we need any adapters for the 2007-2009 SX drain plugs? I am ready to pull the trigger just not sure which one would be the better option.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have a picture of your drain plug area? I'm not sure how different it is from the previous model...On my 2005 the light is amazing and it is just screwed into the drain.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is different than the 2005, I think you will see a loss of performance - how much, I don't know!

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You will not be disappointed with boatpluglight!! Instead of the vega go with the Electra. It has the drain like you want without removing the light/plug
@Dsalverda could you give me the dimensions of the Electra? I cant seem to get anything from the vendor regarding its size. Want to make sure it will fit behind my articulating keel.
thanks

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is different than the 2005, I think you will see a loss of performance - how much, I don't know!
My mistake, that is the exact same hull configuration that was on the prior model. Here is a pic of my light installed and a couple with it on in the water:20160421_223158.jpeg 20160617_222556.jpg 20160617_222709.jpg

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Folks that have the Vega, we're in brackish/salt water. Of course the boat comes out and gets rinsed after every use.

Based on what the actual units look/feel like, do you think the offshore is necessary or will the regular Vega survive? Not crazy about the $55 difference if it's not a must!

Also, I too am confused about the adapter thingy. Needed or not? In a way, I'd like to have it since it would preserve the drain aspect...

Thanks!
M

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the concern with salt water and to some extent brackish water is dis-similar metal corrosion. I'm no expert and only boat in fresh. They didn't have the through drain option when I bought mine - if I were to do it again then I would buy the pne where I could drain the boat without unscrewing the light.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref, thanks - good point, hadn't though about the different metal issue. My concern with the drain plug option one is that it looks like it needs a hex key and I have this vision of the little plug thingy dropping into the water when the boat is on the lift, never to be seen again. The alternative is twisting and untwisting the leads every time I wat to let water out of the boat... Also not attractive.

For those with a 2011-2014 boat... maybe it's too late, maybe I'm brain dead and it's not even Friday yet. Do I need the adapter thingy or not??? (Stock Yamaha drain that someone posted a picture of a fw pages back). That might be the best compromise for draininng the water without having the light hang by the wires if I can use it. Thx!

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got the 8000 lumens drain plug light and am wondering if I can wire it into my courtesy light circuit. I currently have 6 led strips wired in to the circuit for the cockpit lights and am thinking if I add this light to the circuit it will be too much. I think the circuit breaker is at 5 amps. This light alone pulls ~ 11amps right? 133 watts/12 volts ~ 11 amps.

If I wire straight to the battery, what fuse size should I use inline?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could get a higher rated switch, but the bigger problem for me was that I didn't want it to get turned on accidentally and burned up. I put my underwater light on a missile launch style switch in the battery compartment so that it had to be a purposeful act to get the light turned on.

Edit: Sorry I skipped right over the fuse part of the question. If the draw is 11 amps then I don't think you want an 11 amp fuse as it would blow every time you turned on the light. You want a slightly higher rated fuse than the load.

Last edited:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This light alone pulls ~ 11amps right? 133 watts/12 volts ~ 11 amps.

If I wire straight to the battery, what fuse size should I use inline?
I think you answered your own question right before you asked it o_O

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any idea where the best place to install the Dagon 5150 on a 2015 LTDS? I'm thinking right over these warning stickers? I just can't tell 100% where that leads to in the engine compartment.

Attachments

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Any idea where the best place to install the Dagon 5150 on a 2015 LTDS? I'm thinking right over these warning stickers? I just can't tell 100% where that leads to in the engine compartment.
That'll work. Just shine a light in the engine compartment and make sure you can see the backside of that area.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
That's where I installed mine. Nothing behind it.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When I look in my engine compartment I swear I can only see back to just about where the swim platform seat backs are. Everyone sure I'm gonna be able to fish this wire?