• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plug led Diablo Royal ??

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are plastic and SS plugs the same thread? If so... I imagine these plugs are used on more than Yamahammers, so why does'nt someone just make a light that actually fits our threads?

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought two adapters & typhoon drain plug lights. I'll take pics and let you know once installed.

FYI I bought these controllers from amazon. They look identical, and are three times cheaper than Diablo:
http://amzn.to/2hJejpZ

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought two adapters & typhoon drain plug lights. I'll take pics and let you know once installed.

FYI I bought these controllers from amazon. They look identical, and are three times cheaper than Diablo:
http://amzn.to/2hJejpZ
Careful with those (controllers). I had a short of some sort that was a nightmare to deal with. I would make sure those are on an isolated circuit so that if something is not right, it will not mess anything else up.
Sorry for being wage, I never figured out exactly what went wrong, just took everything out and replaced with a simple switch.

--

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Careful with those (controllers).
I appreciate the heads up. I'd like to have the lights attached to a rocker switch at the helm, but I just can't bring myself to start carving out a place for them. YET...

Dsalverda

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I plan on connecting to my anchor light. That way it will work with the existing toggle switch.

Last edited:

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone using this combo? Looks like the right brightness and easy attachment...would like to have the splitter so I can drain without removing the light but wondering if it will protrude too far out?
IMG_0689.PNG IMG_0690.PNG IMG_0691.PNG IMG_0692.PNG

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MicahH - I think the articulating keel will get in the way of this. Also 133 watts might be too much for that controller. One word of caution is that leds this powerful need cooling. Most of the underwater ones rely on the housing to act as a heatsink combined with being submerged in water for the cooling so if you install one don't run it very long not in the water.

If I were going to put underwater lights on my boat I would buy the raw components and then make my own waterproof housing. That or buy the one brand that has a proven track record ... seablaze.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the 8000 lumen Vega light and it is awesome!

Dsalverda

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You will not be disappointed with boatpluglight!! Instead of the vega go with the Electra. It has the drain like you want without removing the light/plug

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'very had my drain plug lights for over 100 hours in saltwater and they work as good as the first day. The only advise I have, try to go with the brightest light that you can.

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I just ordered the Dagon transom light. Should be here in a couple of days.

Dagon 5150 8000L.jpg

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How many Lumens is it? Where have you decided to mount it? Looks killer.

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the option of using the drain plug...not a huge fan of putting holes in my boat as it's not my expertise. Anyone else, please share some setups or ideas you are using or wanting to install. The lights look so bad a$$ as you coast in through the channel or bay. Looking forward to this upgrade!

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
How many Lumens is it? Where have you decided to mount it? Looks killer.
Product details say it's 8000 lumens. Our twin engine challenger has a center mounted drain plug. I'll be mounting this a few inches above the drain plug. It's pretty small. 3.75" W x 2.5" H x 1" Thick.

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Light came today. I'll be installing Saturday.

Here's some pics so you can see the size and what you get. We got the optional remote so we can adjust the brightness. It also enables some other features as well.

Everything appears to be of high quality and craftsmanship.

20170119_193841.jpg 20170119_172207.jpg

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks killer man! So you put a small mounting hole in above the drain and wired directly to the battery? With the remote you don't need to hardware a switch correct?

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That looks killer man! So you put a small mounting hole in above the drain and wired directly to the battery? With the remote you don't need to hardware a switch correct?
Thanks man. We're very happy with how well it turned out.

I had to make 5 holes in the transom. The power wire required a 5/16" hole, while the 4 mounting screws required a 5/32" hole.

You do not need a switch to wire up the light with the remote, but I did install one anyway just in case the remote disappears or if the battery in the remote dies. What I did was run a hot from the 40A main breaker located behind my main battery switch, through a 7.5A fuse, then ran the power to the new on/off switch then out of the switch to the light remote.

The switch will turn the light on or off, I'll need the remote to have access to the other features.

I can post up wiring pics if needed.

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That would be awesome if you get a chance, love to see it. I like the flush mount with only a few small holes for the wire and attachment. A wiring pic/diagram and shot of the switch you used would be extremely helpful. Have you had it in the water to see how bright it is? It's gotta put out a really vibrant glow!

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That would be awesome if you get a chance, love to see it. I like the flush mount with only a few small holes for the wire and attachment. A wiring pic/diagram and shot of the switch you used would be extremely helpful. Have you had it in the water to see how bright it is? It's gotta put out a really vibrant glow!
Sure, I could post up some pics later showing the steps involved and how I wired it up.

Haven't put her in the water yet, but hope to do so shortly.