• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plug led Diablo Royal ??

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Xr1800 I'm sorry the weather has not been nice up here in Indiana for the past couple of weeks. I hope to get it out soon so I can get a pic or two for you!

Xr1800

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Xr1800 I'm sorry the weather has not been nice up here in Indiana for the past couple of weeks. I hope to get it out soon so I can get a pic or two for you!
No problem. I understand I'm in toledo ohio.. not to much better here!! Whenever you get time.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Xr1800 as promised! This is inland in murky water at best. I am very pleased for using the cheaper option. Two of the 900 lumen drain plug lights from Diablo. Diablo.JPG

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Diablo Royale 4K The Puck light.. bright as crap...

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I've had these ligths (typhoon 1000)on my boat for more then 50 hours in saltwater, and they work just as they did on the first day.
The only complaint I have is that I should have gone with the 4k!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
here are some pics of mine at night, very murky muddy water BTW...

IMG_4567.JPG IMG_4568.JPG IMG_4569.JPG IMG_4571.JPG IMG_4572.JPG

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is an updated picture of my Vega 8000 lumen Diablo Drain Plug light in clear water. The original picture earlier in the thread was in murky water.

20160617_222600.jpg

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered this adapter for my boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have not looked to hard but whats the process of getting the original drain plug out of the boats? Mine is a metal plug that doesn't really came out that I know of it just unscrews and sit in the hole still.

drain plug.jpg

Last edited:

Dsalverda

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Luckie_529 post pics and a little review. I think I want to order this adaptor but not sure if it will protrude out too far. Also which light did you order? Looking forward to seeing end result.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will give a review when I get it. Should have have my boat back from the shop by then.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just ordered this adapter for my boat.
Hello. I have a question for you. Are all of the plugs on the Yamaha the same? I bought a 2016 212x but haven't picked it up yet. I wanted to order that adapter, just wasn't sure if it would fit. Thanks for your help.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello. I have a question for you. Are all of the plugs on the Yamaha the same? I bought a 2016 212x but haven't picked it up yet. I wanted to order that adapter, just wasn't sure if it would fit. Thanks for your help.
Yes it will be the same.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I have not looked to hard but whats the process of getting the original drain plug out of the boats? Mine is a metal plug that doesn't really came out that I know of it just unscrews and sit in the hole still.

View attachment 48634
The stock SS Yamaha drain plugs are threaded at the top and bottom/end. Take another look at the pic you posted. To remove them entirely from their mount just unscrew them through both sets of threads. I hope this makes sense.

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can someone describe the process of running the wire from the interior of the drain plug to the battery?

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can someone describe the process of running the wire from the interior of the drain plug to the battery?
You should be able to remove cover to clean out ports and easily pull a wire from the plug up Port side to batteries. You need to run an inline fuse or breaker and also probably want it to a switch. You could pull a line all the way to dash for the switch or wait and install a switch by batteries to turn on and off.