• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plug led Diablo Royal ??

Rob15

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Danielmailin I purchased the light at the beginning of this season and I treat it just like a drain plug (in fact I even forgot to put it in once :eek:). It shows zero wear and tear after one season. When I pull the boat I unscrew the light and let it hang from the wire - if I am trailering it more than 10 miles or so then I will leave it in. We don't do much boating at night, so I really have only had it turned on a handful of times. I have the Diablo at 900 lumens and I like it well enough, but I have been thinking of upgrading to the 4000 lumen Gatlin for more flash out back! For the price and the ease of installation I don't think you can do much better!
So, as an update: I swapped out the 900 lumen original Diablo with the Vega which is 8000 lumen. I wired it into a missle launch switch in the battery compartment as I don't want little hands turning this on by accident. I have had it out once at night since the install and the water was really murky - no more than 12 inches of visibility. All I can say is WOW what a fantastic light for $200.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I's like to do this project, but since I'll need to buy two I just can't see paying the price for the 8000 lumen lights. I generally boat in lakes and they are fairly clear. Does anyone have a picture of (2) of the 900 or 1000 lumen lights in lake water? :winkingthumbsup"

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DBamaC I should have replacements on the way soon. I installed some but didn't get them in the water before I broke them (completely my fault). As soon as I install the new ones I'll send you some water pictures, but I bet you won't be disappointed.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I's like to do this project, but since I'll need to buy two I just can't see paying the price for the 8000 lumen lights. I generally boat in lakes and they are fairly clear. Does anyone have a picture of (2) of the 900 or 1000 lumen lights in lake water? :winkingthumbsup"
These are my Seablaze X image.jpegimage.jpeg

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@DBamaC I should have replacements on the way soon. I installed some but didn't get them in the water before I broke them (completely my fault). As soon as I install the new ones I'll send you some water pictures, but I bet you won't be disappointed.
Thanks @paratrooper39!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DBamaC if you go the 900 route I have the one I took out that I would sell for $25 shipped.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking about the 8K lights too. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, it would mean changing the drains to the brass fitttings, getting the adapter so i would still have a drain without removing the lights, and then I just started considering other lights, and then.....

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking about the 8K lights too. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, it would mean changing the drains to the brass fitttings, getting the adapter so i would still have a drain without removing the lights, and then I just started considering other lights, and then.....
At first I didn't change out my drain plugs to the brass and it was a pain. I spent the 20 bucks and took about 30 minutes to change them and was much happier. Just my .02

Xr1800

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was thinking about buying the single 1000 lumen green one for my xr1800 snice all my other led lights in it areally green.. but most boating done in lake erie not the clearest for sure.. just don't know if it is worth it. . Do some boating on inland lakes in mi. Any thoughts?

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Xr1800 I'm not sure a single 1k would be very much, but I'll get pictures this weekend of my double 1k's and you can make a decision from that.

Xr1800

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Xr1800 I'm not sure a single 1k would be very much, but I'll get pictures this weekend of my double 1k's and you can make a decision from that.
That would be great!!! Thanks I have just the single drain plug. But might go with the double style.

SeptemberC

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Islandia
Boat Length
Does anyone still have a set of these for sale? I have a Seadoo Islandia (2 plugs required)