• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plug led Diablo Royal ??

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With that Vega 8000 lumen being 133 watts, how long could you run that off the house battery without the engine running? I could see sitting at 1 of the bars on the lake with it on for a few hours.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I ordered same light in the rgb configuration. Light and led driver came. No instructions, led controller, template or other installation stuff. Said there was a mixup at the shop and other stuff will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to set it up.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered same light in the rgb configuration. Light and led driver came. No instructions, led controller, template or other installation stuff. Said there was a mixup at the shop and other stuff will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to set it up.
Which setup, the Vega 8000 in RGB? If so, did you just buy that and the adapter, or did you need to buy the RGB remote under accessories too? The listing details was a little confusing as it said it included an LED driver.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Yes the Dagon 8000 lumen in rgb. It was supposed to come with a remote that you control through smart phone. They left several things out.

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well keep us posted. Love to see pics of what you guys are ordering and your installation. Such a "Wow" factor that this simple and relatively inexpensive mod provides. Gives ours boats a distinctive cool look in the water!

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I'll post pics later. Installed over weekend. Very easy and looks great. Now all I need is some warm weather.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, as an update: I swapped out the 900 lumen original Diablo with the Vega which is 8000 lumen. I wired it into a missle launch switch in the battery compartment as I don't want little hands turning this on by accident. I have had it out once at night since the install and the water was really murky - no more than 12 inches of visibility. All I can say is WOW what a fantastic light for $200.

Do you know the amp hour rating for each light? Damn that looks good!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you know the amp hour rating for each light? Damn that looks good!
That light is 133 watts which if you divide by the voltage (12 volts) you get the amp rating. In this case it is just over 11 amps. Every battery has its own specific amp hours, if your battery has 200 amp hours then your battery would be able to power this light for about 18 hours.

At least that is how I understand this electrical business works!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref is spot on for practical purposes. 12 volts is the nominal rating of a 12 volt battery. In real life right after being charged but after the surface charge disipates the battery will be about 12.3 volts depending on battery chemistry type. Also the battery will be less energetic voltage wise as energy is drawn from it. Plus there is energy loss in the transmission over the wires. All of this is also affected by environmental variables and total load. So real world gets a bit tricky but figuring out or looking up watts will always get you a universal unit of energy measurement and then covert as needed from there.

I did not have a strong opinion of this light at first glance. After digging in a bit more I have figured out that they employ a single billet aluminum housing in which the led chip is layed while passing the wire through the back. The housing is then filled (potted) with a optically transparent, thermally conductive, electrically insulating epoxy (say that 5 times fast). The "driver" resistor is a seperate unit allowing some of the heat to be disipated by that unit.

Pretty darn good design. Pretty darn good price for what you get too. I found the chip and resistor online for about 30 bucks. The epoxy for this purpose is gosh darn expensive and a machined aluminum housing is pricey as a one off as well. My only concern is how fast will the epoxy discolor from uv exposure. I think seablaze has some strong competition here. Very strong at 8k lumen. No doubt Diablo will be knocked off but time will tell the quality difference in the clarity and manufacturing of the expoxy filled ones.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I can't get video to upload for some reason.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Post the video to YouTube and then post a link to the video here. That is what I've had to do in the past to post a video and I believe that is what others have had to do as well.

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Pinhacker71 Sorry if this was already mentioned but did you choose the Dagon over the Vega because of the articulating keel or just other preferences regarding the drain plug vs. transom mount? I'm considering getting one as well and can't decide which way to go.

Also curious if anyone has any knowledge about their deck light LEDs. They only have a 13' lead so that seems short for a 24 foot boat. I'm not sure how far each led extends off the lead. I like the idea of a plug in system that's ready to go though.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@JTC1016 that is exactly why I did that. I was afraid the drain plug light would interfere with the keel. Very happy with the install. Quick and easy.

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JTC1016 that is exactly why I did that. I was afraid the drain plug light would interfere with the keel. Very happy with the install. Quick and easy.
Makes sense. Looks great. Where exactly is it mounted? It's so bright in the video it's hard to tell.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
It's mounted below scupper as for down as I could fit it. Will be under water entire time.