• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drive shaft won’t insert.

Chaliboy01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I removed the jet pump to dislodge a piece of wood from the impeller.
When trying to re-insert, the drive shaft will not go back in. I have tried rotating it, adjusting the angle but nothing.
I have done this a few times and have never had any problems re-inserting.

any recommendations prior to breaking down and taking it to the shop ?

Keep trying & don't stress. Sometimes it takes walking away from it, regrouping, getting your mind on something else and trying again later for things to get done.

If you haven't already done so, check by sight and feel for any burrs created on the splines of the shaft and coupler that may have been created during disassembly and attempted reinsertion. If you discover any, carefully remove them with a fine file, sandpaper, etc.

I've experienced it a few times and have had the problem also, just keep trying and then it magically works,

Yeah, you have to hold your tongue just right. But seriously, you can hold the pump up there with one arm, and reach through the intake with the other and rotate the shaft. If you cant reach it, have someone help you.

I hope you get this fixed, I have no input other than the fact that I need to get my mind out of the gutter

Back