• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual battery switches When hanging out

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I read the recommendation to shut off start battery switch when hanging out. My 2016 24ft xe shuts down the conex with either the start switch off OR the house switch off.
Figured conex and radio should still work with only house battery switch on?
(Factory wiring) (has solar cells)
...?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I read the recommendation to shut off start battery switch when hanging out. My 2016 24ft xe shuts down the conex with either the start switch off OR the house switch off.
Figured conex and radio should still work with only house battery switch on?
(Factory wiring) (has solar cells)
...?
You can use the connext with the key switches off and the only the House battery on. After turning the House battery on push the Sys Cntrl Hard button on the Connext and it will boot up. Really I think you can push any hard button but I usually use the Sys Cntrl button. If you have the Start battery switch on or the key switches on and shut either of those off it will shut down the Connext even if the House Battery is on, but then you just hit one of the Hard Buttons again and it will boot back up.

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok I'll give it a try.
Would have figured it was more simple.
Normally I just sit with key on & both switches still on. With radio up, I have sat anchored for many hours - is there anything "bad" with not turning anything off?
(Guess the solar cells keep it charging enough)

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree shutting off the key switch and rebooting connext makes sense if you're stopped for a while - leaving the key switch on activates engine electronics.
And no need to deal with shutting off the start battery - AFAIK the house can completely drain from the radio, which will also kill connext, but then you can switch to both to reboot connext and start your engines. Can you test this for us? ;)

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
...after I get some long jumper cables on board