• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual battery with voltage relay

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
image.jpg My 210 FSH has a voltage relay integrated with the house and start battery. I think it is wired so I only need to charge the crank battery and when the voltage exceeds a threshold (12.x) volts it switches over and allows current to run to the house battery. I notice a light comes on after I charge the start battery for a while (which says second battery is charging). See pic. Wanted to verify if anyone knows for sure if this is how it functions. Not sure what the other models have.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is exactly how it works. The voltage is higher though...13.3 if I remember correctly. Most folks only run that way when charging from the motor because that relay can allow a lot of current to flow between the batteries very quickly if the house battery is low. If you want to save wear and tear on the batteries then a good 2 bank smart charger is the way to go. For it to work properly you need to disconnect the DVSR when you are charging. You can add a switch to that little black wire or there is a little red wire loop that you can cut and wire to a source that is only on when the ignition is. There are a bunch of threads if you search for "DVSR".