• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

East Tennessee get together. Tellico Lake, Watts Bar Lake, Norris Lake, Chickamauga lake?

I no longer have my yamaha, but would love to meet up. Will be at norris most every weekend.

This sounds like fun. I am going to see what is available for rentals. I don't know this lake at all. Is everyone aroudn the Big Ridge State park or better said what area of the lake will everyone be at?

I think most ate near LaFollette area. I will be on the other end in New Tazewell.

Anyone have any interest in an East Tennessee get together this Summer? Just throwing it out there to see if there is any interest.

Interested. But not sure when would work for me. Starting the year off with a divorce of all things. Thank God I didn't put anything down on the boat when I bought it, it's underwater and no way she'll want it.

Kevin, I know what you are going through is hard! You will need your down time thsi summer for sure!

McTafur, Thanks. It looks like there is a lot of distance between those areas. I may try to find something in the middle so I could go in any direction. How long does it take to egt from one end to the other, about an hour? It is hard to tell from a map what the water is like.

McTafur, Thanks. It looks like there is a lot of distance between those areas. I may try to find something in the middle so I could go in any direction. How long does it take to egt from one end to the other, about an hour? It is hard to tell from a map what the water is like.

X2

Great question. Never being on Norris before, I really have no clue how big it is.

Norris is a big ass lake, 2/3rd's the size of Cumberland....but kinda broke into 3 huge fingers. Figure a $150 a day for gas if you drive a lot like I do. Just do sections at a time. The north section has probably half the water and majority of the Marina's and stuff to rent. We've rented floating houses from Flat Hollow before. All had shore power and water. I stay at the lake and eat....usually too tired to drive in to town to eat. There are big mile marker placards on the shore....got to watch for them, but they're easy to see. *Find the big cave on the north side shore/ cliff just past mm#14. Can't tell you how many times I drive a newbie right up to it (as close as possible due to water level)....then tell him/her...."Is that a black bear moving around in there?" I had one yell back, "I see him"! Going back the other way, around mm # 11 & 12.... there are some neat formations. Find mm#9 and get familiar with that area and the map and the major intersection of the Powell River and the Clinch River....all you need is a map, compass and gas. There are 'Echo Canyons/Walls", cliffs, wildlife area's and massive impressive houses....everywhere! I have made the run from Flat Hollow Marina (mm 13) all the way south to mm #28-29 past Bubba's Brewhouse Marina, probably an hour at 35 mph. Start off full and keep at least a 1/3 tank. Quite a few little islands around the mm# 24 area too....we've named a few :) Okay, tired of typing....rather be skiing past the big pine trees in flat water between mm#11 &12.

Thanks for the info Impelled. That helps. All I knew about was the jumping bridge!

I was planning on grabbing a map, but will the GPS on my phone do the trick on the lake?

Last edited:
If you google Norris Lake Marina, you get a good map w/ mm's and Marina and other info. Cedar Creek Bridge.....been across it and under it :)

Norris is a big ass lake, 2/3rd's the size of Cumberland....but kinda broke into 3 huge fingers. Figure a $150 a day for gas if you drive a lot like I do. Just do sections at a time. The north section has probably half the water and majority of the Marina's and stuff to rent. We've rented floating houses from Flat Hollow before. All had shore power and water. I stay at the lake and eat....usually too tired to drive in to town to eat. There are big mile marker placards on the shore....got to watch for them, but they're easy to see. *Find the big cave on the north side shore/ cliff just past mm#14. Can't tell you how many times I drive a newbie right up to it (as close as possible due to water level)....then tell him/her...."Is that a black bear moving around in there?" I had one yell back, "I see him"! Going back the other way, around mm # 11 & 12.... there are some neat formations. Find mm#9 and get familiar with that area and the map and the major intersection of the Powell River and the Clinch River....all you need is a map, compass and gas. There are 'Echo Canyons/Walls", cliffs, wildlife area's and massive impressive houses....everywhere! I have made the run from Flat Hollow Marina (mm 13) all the way south to mm #28-29 past Bubba's Brewhouse Marina, probably an hour at 35 mph. Start off full and keep at least a 1/3 tank. Quite a few little islands around the mm# 24 area too....we've named a few :) Okay, tired of typing....rather be skiing past the big pine trees in flat water between mm#11 &12.

Thanks for all the detailed information.
We have a house rented summer 2014. And plan to explore your list.

We went in 2012 but did not do much exploring. It is a great vacation.

Well worth the drive from Chicago for a week vacation with friends.

GiddYupJoe, I still plan on heading to Indian Lake this summer just hasn't worked out quite yet. Either way, if you and your crew aren't too tired on Sat when you guys get to Norris, you should head down our way. That will be our last night before we had back. Really nice floating bar near by.

GiddYupJoe, I still plan on heading to Indian Lake this summer just hasn't worked out quite yet. Either way, if you and your crew aren't too tired on Sat when you guys get to Norris, you should head down our way. That will be our last night before we had back. Really nice floating bar near by.
That goes for anyone who might be there at the same time. If most are on other end of the lake, we'll travel. No point making everyone else make the haul.

How far away is our place from yours? We are by the jumping bridge? Still have no concept of how long it takes to get to one place or the other there? We will be in house by 2 that day. Settled in....... And then..... I would love to get out that late afternoon. Would any great to meet up.

Maybe 25 mins. Good rope swing between the two of us as well. I'll keep in touch as the date gets closer.

Any ideas how close we will be? We are staying at Springs.

@Volffas what dates will you be down ther? You will be staying right by us. We are one Chanel over from sprigs.

July 18-20th.

Back