• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Nickajack / Tennessee River - Sat Aug 10

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Someone on the Georgia Jetboater & PWC FB group is putting together a trip that looks interesting. If you are interested, either come to that FB page (I am co-admin and can add you) or post here and I can let the organizer know. Will try to get him on here as well.

I'm pretty sure my wife and I will go. Looks like Hales Bar Marina has some cabins. I'm going to check for availability but we might just make a long day trip of it (about 2 hours for us).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, guys and gals, it’s that time !Weather permitting, I’m doing the Lake Nickajack trip on Saturday 10 August. Feel free to join me.

We meet at 9:30 am sharp at
Tennessee River Park
4301 Amnicola Hiway
Chattanooga 37406.

Please come fully prepared so we can launch at 9:30 and head out immediately.

My goal is to have a laid back cruise down the river, no tubing/skiing/racing, etc. We will go through downtown Chattanooga and head out west through the “Grand Canyon of the east”. I plan make a few stops along the way to point out interesting sites, but other than that, we will be cruising at 30-35 mph and enjoy the scenery along the way. If the boats can pass under the train bridge, we can even go and see the bat cave. After a nice long picnic at our turn around point and refueling at Hales Bar Marina, we head back to our vehicles.

It’s a great way for boating families to spend time together, meet like minded people and explore our waterways. It’s roughly a 90 mile round trip. There is no need to “book” a spot on the trip, but I will appreciate it if you can RSVP, just so I have an idea how many boats to expect before taking off. Feel free to call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx if you have any questions. See you on the water.

OakleyAK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’m sure y’all know, but the docks in downtown Chatt are managed by Erwin Marine. Using the Dockwa app you can rent dock space. Also, on Saturday nights downtown by the river, there are free concerts currently going on (Riverfront Nights).

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hate I missed this, baseball tryouts and sons party... maybe over labor day i can get wife to do this trip. How was it @AlphaKap

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If this is a yearly trip or will be happening again, please add me to the list. Currently looking for some cool, longer trips out of Chattanooga area or north Alabama.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It was just the one trip. It was fun but not sure we will go back to that specific spot.