• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ecoboost towing question

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had this exact same issue with my 2015 F150 Eco last year. At 35K miles I was getting TC shudder at highway speeds under light load. My shop put in a bottle of Motorcraft friction modifier and told me to run it for a week I think. Maybe it was only 3 days. I can't remember. I brought it back in and he performed a full flush with his machine. 15,000 miles later and it has been flawless.
Thank you for sharing this! I haven’t found many places online with these symptoms and this diagnosis. I’m hoping mine is the same thing you had. We are towing 7 1/2 hours Saturday so hopefully the problem is solved.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you for sharing this! I haven’t found many places online with these symptoms and this diagnosis. I’m hoping mine is the same thing you had. We are towing 7 1/2 hours Saturday so hopefully the problem is solved.
I worked in the service dept of a Ford dealership from 2006-2017 and I never saw it either, so I'm not surprised there isn't much online about it. Fingers crossed friction modifier/shudder fix takes care of it for you!

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jameson Clark I seriously cannot thank you enough. I had the drill in hand and for whatever reason decided to double check the YouTube, and also checked here and saw a previous response from you. I read it and thought why not just try to hook it up to the scanner just in case. That advice ended up saving me from a totally unnecessary mod that wasn’t even my problem. (This is what happens when non-car guy uses internet to try and fix something). Just another reason why this forum is the best on the internet.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last thank you. Got it back today. Transmission shop said the fluid was absolutely nasty. He ended up pumping double what he thought he would have to do get all the crap out and start seeing clean. Drove it home and so far not a shudder to be heard. Thanks again for saving me from myself.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last thank you. Got it back today. Transmission shop said the fluid was absolutely nasty. He ended up pumping double what he thought he would have to do get all the crap out and start seeing clean. Drove it home and so far not a shudder to be heard. Thanks again for saving me from myself.
No problem. I have learned so much from both the F150 and Jetboaters forums. Glad to help out.