• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

End of season?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Labor day weekend is when we have to go help take the dock out of the water at the friend's cottage. Totally a bummer there, but we don't really use it every time or anything. We have the midwest boaters trip from Starved rock to Peoria which is a blast, and then it'll get put away. That's first weekend in October I believe.
I got out 4 times before the Shelbyville/Cumberland trip I took first week of August, and since then, it's been raining.
We may put the boat away, but the camper comes into play after that!
And actually, we are hoping to take a trip out to L.A. California this winter when I'm not working to visit an old friend that had his wife die from cancer. Really sad. The doctors gave her up to 3 months, and it was 3 weeks before she just didn't wake up anymore. Such a wonderful woman too. My wife has known them for over a decade now and we have actually flown out there once before just to stay at their house and chill out in the town. He's a cow farmer, but with all the housing developments someone offered him a few million up front before they even would come to take over the property and develop. The market fell out, and they never did it. They went bankrupt and he got to keep the farm AND the money! Talk about rags to riches! Now he still runs the farm, but lives in a nicer condo downtown.
In any case, I will be visiting the water on that trip for sure. We will go without kids and fly there, so I guess you could say our season will get extended if we go out deep sea fishing or something.

Maybe visit a jetboater out there?

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We don't winterize the boat. Our last ride on the lake might be too cool to do any waters ports but that ride could be in November. Then if we get a warm week in February we might go for a ride as we did this year, again way too cool and cold water for anything but a drive around the lake.

Winterizing for such a short time doesn't make much sense. I may or may not dump some StaBil in the tank but frankly I have no proof that StiBil works.

We can get down to freezing overnight on the very coldest nights but it will always warm up into the 40's to 60's during the day.

We do plan to go out this week at least once. This weeks high temps are forecast to be 102, 100, 97, 98, 99.