• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine flushing on slip

Jatta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2019 Yamaha sx190 and ordered the tow/bypass valve as boat will be on water for the boating season.
Could you advise what is the correct engine flushing procedure when boat is on water?

Make sure you install your tow valve before the Y from the pump inlet. Close Valve, Start Engine, Turn on Water, Turn Off Water when done, Turn off engine after water is off.

Make sure you install your tow valve before the Y from the pump inlet. Close Valve, Start Engine, Turn on Water, Turn Off Water when done, Turn off engine after water is off.
Thanks! ? Just to be sure, by before Y you mean towards the rear end? My plan is to install valve somewhere below the clean out tray as bottom as I can reach via the clean out ports.

Thanks! ? Just to be sure, by before Y you mean towards the rear end? My plan is to install valve somewhere below the clean out tray as bottom as I can reach via the clean out ports.
Correct. I have 12v electric valves on mine. I have a switch to engage them.

Noice! Have you posted about that mod? That might actually make installing tow valves worth to me.
Search "live well access" and you will find my thread where I did that

Great idea. That will be my next winter project

But needs a bit more diy as sx190 does not have that nice livewell system installed.

At least not that i know of...

But needs a bit more diy as sx190 does not have that nice livewell system installed.
I only used the live well for my washdown fresh water storage. The flush valve install was part of that same thread. But not needed for flush valves

This looks like the valve for the tow valves that @lazergeek used. Better price than I expected.

EDIT: There are a lot of options for this device. If you are going to buy one read through it first to make sure it works like you want. I noticed that this one is normally closed (if power is lost it turns flow off). I don’t think that is a good idea. There are also models with manual on/off (this one has that), and wires to signal/light a switch.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230526-183137_Chrome.jpg
Got this plastic one from amazon. Will try this as tow valve and see how it works. It looks a bit light, but will wait for it to arrive and if decent, give it a go.

Back