• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine hour discrepancy?

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did they get the hours on the Connext to match actual engine hours? I got a Connext replacement and it shows roughly 50hours less than actualy engine hours.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
No, same as you - the engine hours went to zero with the new CONNEXT. So my engine hours will always read 88 hours less than I actually have. The Yamaha dealer and probably anyone that has the diagnostic equipment can however read the acutal engine hours.

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok... So thought I would follow up here. My dealership, Cyclesprings, has ordered a new Connext from the factory. It is supposed to have a new update to prevent this issue, and to top it off they are going to set the hours on the Connext to exactly match engine hours!!! YEAH! Hope this works.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok... So thought I would follow up here. My dealership, Cyclesprings, has ordered a new Connext from the factory. It is supposed to have a new update to prevent this issue, and to top it off they are going to set the hours on the Connext to exactly match engine hours!!! YEAH! Hope this works.
Following this, please update when you get finished.

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So far so good! I got new Connext Back, it had the correct hours on it that matched the motor. I went out for a couple hours over the weekend with linked throttles engaged and everything tracked like it should!!!

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So far so good! I got new Connext Back, it had the correct hours on it that matched the motor. I went out for a couple hours over the weekend with linked throttles engaged and everything tracked like it should!!!
Great news to hear, did the new connext and the new update automatically read the engine hours from the BCU or did the dealer manually set the hours on the connext.

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes please get details of how this was done from the dealer. I imagine most dealers likely arent aware how to do it and there are several of us with hours not being displayed accurately due to connext replacement.
Thanks

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dealer tried update, but could not set the Connext engine hours after. So they read the hours from the motors and got another Connext from GA that was updated and had the hours set correctly right from factory. Now everything matches.