• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine just stopped responding.

Thomas Fossett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK all, brand new to the forum as I have not had any problems. Since that issue has been remedied, I am now here.

The issue: The Port motor will not even sound the pre-start beep. I switched the harness on the key switch, Switch is good. Starboard motor starts right up. The starboard engine runs great at all times (Except now that I said that out loud, I am most likely screwed.) The main cables are clean and in great condition. The fuses are good. I am not sure where the neutral safety switch is, so I can't check that. The safety lanyard is fine. The rear pumps clean out hatch switches are good.

Anyone know the next step?

Besides turning it into a reef?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK all, brand new to the forum as I have not had any problems. Since that issue has been remedied, I am now here.

The issue: The Port motor will not even sound the pre-start beep. I switched the harness on the key switch, Switch is good. Starboard motor starts right up. The starboard engine runs great at all times (Except now that I said that out loud, I am most likely screwed.) The main cables are clean and in great condition. The fuses are good. I am not sure where the neutral safety switch is, so I can't check that. The safety lanyard is fine. The rear pumps clean out hatch switches are good.

Anyone know the next step?

Besides turning it into a reef?
Just curious how you determined the rear hatch switches are good. That is one of the few issues that will stop all starting activity.

If you're sure the hatch switches are good it could be the main fuse on the ECU box (not sure where that's located on the newer boats). Could also be a starter solenoid.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with @Gym. Make sure you swap plugs (like you did with the ignition) to eliminate the lanyard, clean out and neutral switches. I’m not exactly sure how the neutral switches work, but they should be below the throttle controls.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Attachments