• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

engine mount (center stopper) spacing?

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
i am re-aligning both of my "powertrains" - from the pump plate through the coupler shaft and into the engine.

i've got the spacing under the four main feet of one engine done to get the alignment on the coupler/pump system, but i'm not sure about what the fiche refers to as the "stopper, upper mount." this is the square bumper under the magneto that you can't see. since it is called a stopper (rather than a damper), i'm assuming it is not supposed to be making contact at rest? the fact that i actually lowered the engine a tad on the magneto end and it still isn't making contact by about 1/4" AND the rubber doesn't have any impressions on it, has me thinking it needs room - but how much? as it sits, it would require 3 spacers (about 3/32" each) to give it maybe 1/16" clearance - i already made one out of 3/16" aluminum sheet if it needs it, but this stack height seems excessive. i can't find anything on the PWC forums either and i don't trust that my stoppers haven't been adjusted before.

Wow. I got nothin.

But why are you realigning the powertrains? I don't think I have heard of one of our boats needing something so major.... Perhaps I was blissfully ignorant. So what is up?

made some repairs and did some mods. one engine had a leaky exhaust, some fiberglass needed attention, and i did a major noise-reduction project. i'm not the original owner and figured i'd spend an extra few hours to make sure everything was aligned properly when it went back in - i'm sure things move with age anyways. i've made a few changes to the spacer combinations. not sure if it was off before, but the one powertrain i have in is dead-center aligned.

andyak got back to me with his measurements. seems somewhere between 1/4" and 3/8" may be the gap for the stopper.

Wow. Sounds like you are doing it right. Got pics? I mean, I would be interested and all, but I can't help but think that such a documented breakdown of the drivetrain would help someone in the future....

Please do a write up on your noise reduction project.

Got pics? I mean, I would be interested and all, but I can't help but think that such a documented breakdown of the drivetrain would help someone in the future....
didn't take any pics of the alignment. i spent quite a few hours making sure they were dead-on. the manual is very vague, but i learned a few tricks and a good order of steps that i will write up.

Please do a write up on your noise reduction project.
will do.

Back