• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Engine replacement in 2015 fz-s

Jeff_FZS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good day, i currently have a 2016 Yamaha fz-s I need a new engine for. Current engine was flooded and I had to remove. I wanted to see if any knows where I can purchase another engine, any year that will fit. Considering going with naturally aspirated. Any suggestion as to we’re I can inquire? Greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did it lock up? I see sunken jet skis. And motorcycles and four wheelers all the time. Normally easily fixable.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve got a complete engine, winterized but plug and play ready for sale for $5k. Came out of a 2010 242ls and has 506 hours on it, 0 on a new timing chain, oil and filter. I took video of it powering up and idling before I pulled the engine a few months ago. buyer must pick up in NCal, 94505. I will help load it. Also comes with “an out of sight warranty” that is once its leaves my sight the warranty expires.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good day, i currently have a 2015 Yamaha fz-s I need a new engine for. Current engine was flooded and I had to remove. I wanted to see if any knows where I can purchase another engine, any year that will fit. Considering going with naturally aspirated. Any suggestion as to we’re I can inquire? Greatly appreciated.
I forgot to mention I will throw in the ecm at no added cost. I assume you would need it if your are converting from supercharged to NA.

Jeff_FZS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello, thank you for the reply, I made a mistake and my ski is 2016, from what I’ve read here in the forum the 2015 motor came with a chain issue which was fixed for my model year. I don’t mind going N/A if the engine is more reliable. Would have to look into the motor you have. How much are you asking for it?

Jeff_FZS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve got a complete engine, winterized but plug and play ready for sale for $5k. Came out of a 2010 242ls and has 506 hours on it, 0 on a new timing chain, oil and filter. I took video of it powering up and idling before I pulled the engine a few months ago. buyer must pick up in NCal, 94505. I will help load it. Also comes with “an out of sight warranty” that is once its leaves my sight the warranty expires.
Just saw this, I live in nj, will look into the motor and shipping costs.

Jeff_FZS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did it lock up? I see sunken jet skis. And motorcycles and four wheelers all the time. Normally easily fixable.
Yes it did lock up, and started to rust, i pulled the engine out and have the hull ready for a replacement

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$5k for everything originally attached to the motor including but not limited to the oil cooler, starter, coils, fuel rail, injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds.

around 2015/2016 Yamaha upgraded the engines with thicker timing chains. Most of the failures I read about were from the 2015 model years but one of my engines (had a timing chain break at 506 hours). As a result I had the timing chain in the other engine, the one I’m selling, replaced by a PWC shop with a new one, new but not upgraded, the new chain has less than 5 minutes on it. Yamaha sells an upgrade kit for around $2,500 parts only. Full disclosure, the oil cooler was replaced under warranty in 2013 (the 2010s, including mine, sometimes had leaky oil coolers), no problems with the new one.

let me know if you are interested not sure how shipping works but was told I had to build a crate around it. I’m not prepared to do that which is why a prefer pickup. There are several members here who haul goods for a living or as a side job maybe they will chime in. I’m hoping it would be as easy as piggy backing on another load from CA and i that would need to be done is get the engine and the dolly it’s strapped to up the loading ramp.

easyliving609

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good day, i currently have a 2016 Yamaha fz-s I need a new engine for. Current engine was flooded and I had to remove. I wanted to see if any knows where I can purchase another engine, any year that will fit. Considering going with naturally aspirated. Any suggestion as to we’re I can inquire? Greatly appreciated.

I'm in NJ. Have couple 1.8s currently if your still looking.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m in the west coast and will sell my engine for $3,500 cash . Buyer must pick up the engine in CA.