• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Equalizer setup. Need pictures

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally decided to add the wetsounds 420bt equalizer. Looking for placement pictures along with pictures of how you ran the wires into the helm storage. I have 2 wetsounds syn-dx6's that it will be hooked to so looking to see if I need to buy anything extra like rca wires. One last thing, should I switch out the factory polk p4a4 head unit to get better voltage?

Here you go Craig. I have 3 Polk amps and also wanted to control the bow area separately so I added the extra control.

Still need to tidy up the wires a little.

IMG_0346.jpegIMG_0345.jpeg

Wet sounds . Sounds like it could get wet but if it does it will not last so I used a radio housing to keep it safe. No need to change the PA4A head unit the eq boosts the voltage to the amps. I went with two EQS to have total control of all the zones front rear tower cabin and swim deck and each has a subwoofer channel

20190531_200323_1559418848934_resized.jpg

20190531_200218_1559418850667_resized.jpg

20190531_200259_1559418849633_resized.jpg
20190703_121310_1562176982129_resized.jpg

These things are so archaic and ugly (no offense). It reminds me of the 90s lolYou can run DSPs through a phone app now... and the capabilities are ten fold over this EQ.

You still need a DSP. JL and Fusion both offer solutions. Here is a universal solution from Hertz - a little bit more money but the tuning capabilities are light years ahead from the Equalizer.

I have a full JL DSP system. Do either of those allow for permanent zone control? That's the one thing I want to get figured out on my boat... I can use the Fusion App to zone control, but as soon as you use the dial at the helm to +/- the volume, it reverts back to equal in both zones.

When I'm on a board behind the boat, it would be sweet if I could just set it all tower and let my wife use the volume to blow me up in back without having the tub be so loud.

Not disagreeing with adrianp89, but that WS420BT unit also provides a clean voltage boost that I found useful in tuning my JL amps and JL speakers system. Don’t believe an app can do that.

My unit also had the talkback mic feature which worked very well to communicate with skiers / tubers, etc from swim platform speakers. We all laughed at that when we first got it (did a fair bit of “dad humor” Mr Microphone impressions). We quickly learned how useful it was, quite surprised about that, TBH.

I will defer to adriano89’s knowledge it is both much deeper and more current than mine.

I have a full JL DSP system. Do either of those allow for permanent zone control? That's the one thing I want to get figured out on my boat... I can use the Fusion App to zone control, but as soon as you use the dial at the helm to +/- the volume, it reverts back to equal in both zones.

When I'm on a board behind the boat, it would be sweet if I could just set it all tower and let my wife use the volume to blow me up in back without having the tub be so loud.

Not sure on the zone control - There should be a setting on the Fusion to change that, but I may be wrong. Alternavitvely you can create zone control for about $20 a zone using a bass knob. I did this on my SX210.

https://www.autozone.com/stereo-spe...aZDiynSPkPa6FC8uM2hoCLWkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds I flush mounted it so you only saw the knob on the dash.

Not disagreeing with adrianp89, but that WS420BT unit also provides a clean voltage boost that I found useful in tuning my JL amps and JL speakers system. Don’t believe an app can do that.

My unit also had the talkback mic feature which worked very well to communicate with skiers / tubers, etc from swim platform speakers. We all laughed at that when we first got it (did a fair bit of “dad humor” Mr Microphone impressions). We quickly learned how useful it was, quite surprised about that, TBH.

I will defer to adriano89’s knowledge it is both much deeper and more current than mine.

I may have mis-spoke in my original post, you can't just download an app and have DSP control, you need an actual DSP that has app compatibility. Those all boost voltage.

that's sweet, thank you!

Not sure on the zone control - There should be a setting on the Fusion to change that, but I may be wrong. Alternavitvely you can create zone control for about $20 a zone using a bass knob. I did this on my SX210.

https://www.autozone.com/stereo-spe...aZDiynSPkPa6FC8uM2hoCLWkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds I flush mounted it so you only saw the knob on the dash.

I may have mis-spoke in my original post, you can't just download an app and have DSP control, you need an actual DSP that has app compatibility. Those all boost voltage.
Do you have pics of where, how you mounted that?

Back