• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

ETHANOL ... 10%, 15%, How much is TOO MUCH?

I know this topic has been covered at length but i saw this video on you tube and thought i would share it... i make not claims as too the weather the info is correct or not.

I know this topic has been covered at length but i saw this video on you tube and thought i would share it... i make not claims as too the weather the info is correct or not.

I've seen that one before and I can't decide if it's all that accurate - the forced air "could" be causing extreme evaporation of the gasoline, causing the temp to drop unusually fast and condensation to form. Rather than the Ethanol actually absorbing moisture from the air via hygroscopic action.

@Glassman .. thats exactly what i was thinking.. however.. i really dont care how the water gets in.. i just want it gone.. Seafoam i guess is the best to do that?

@Glassman .. thats exactly what i was thinking.. however.. i really dont care how the water gets in.. i just want it gone.. Seafoam i guess is the best to do that?
Marine Sta-Bil works exactly the same and is a TON cheaper.
One 32 oz bottle treats 320 gallons of gasoline.
http://www.amazon.com/STA-BIL-22240-Marine-Fuel-Stabilizer/dp/B001CAW2DK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433425546&sr=8-1&keywords=marine stabil&pebp=1433425554599&perid=1E6VSFHZ8BSQW0XF7FD7
$20.46 delivered. And can't overmix. You can "waste" by not measuring correctly, but you cannot cause other problems.
Proven. Inexpensive. Sta-Bil delivers.
Enjoy, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

@MikeyL - Marine Sta-Bil makes sense - even if the engines 'tolerate' 10% ethanol. But then, thinking ahead, what do you think - use the "red" Sta-Bil "Storage" for winter storage or start using the Sta-Bil 360 at the end of the season to be sure it gets everywhere? (Big fan of Sta-Bil, after having destroyed a lawn mower and a backpack leaf blower by NOT using it... :banghead: NO problems since then.)

I think that a choice between ethanol and non ethanol is easy. With that being said, I think there are folks that believe every single thing they read or hear and attribute anything to the ethanol boogey man.

(I am knocking madly on a block of wood as I post this.)

I have always just done the E10 and never had a problem. Now, I do always use Marine Stabill at every fill-up, so maybe that is saving me. I also do use the boat pretty much year-round down here (maybe with 3 months or so off over Nov-Jan), so I have that going for me.

Hi @msavold .. Hi Buddy. Gone all day so sorry to be so long in answering.
I believe @tdonoughue has said best, above, when he wrote "
....... Now, I do always use Marine Stabill at every fill-up, so maybe that is saving me. I also do use the boat pretty much year-round down here (maybe with 3 months or so off over Nov-Jan), so I have that going for me."

Marine Sta-Bil takes care of BOTH Ethanol AND Fuel Stabilization.

Good Luck, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Ethanol free is readily available here, probably + $1.50 on the lake and + $1.00 on the street.
Always use ethanol free in mowers and string trimmer.
Boat gets the 87 octane with marine stable at every fill-up and a bottle of sea foam at the beginning of the season.
Maybe the sea foam isn't needed but it can't hurt.

My 0.02$

I can get ethanol free at my station if I buy premium. I use it for the boat and the lawn mower / snow thrower.

The lawnmower gas can gets sta-bil every time.

For the boat, I just gas-and-go (no additives) during the season. (And I really barely use the boat enough to justify owning it so it DOES sit for a bit even in summer.)

In the fall I fill up and put in sta-bil before the last outing then top off afterwards and add more stabil.

In the spring I dump in a can of Heat and a can of Sea-Foam. (I don't even worry about the "proper" amount. A can of each is less than enough, so I'm certainly not over-treating anything.)

Treating "regular" gas with MARINE (blue) STA-BIL yields the SAME effectiveness as buying Ethanol-Free Gas.
If 32 OZ of "MARINE STA-BIL" will treat 320 gallons of gas, that comes to a little over 6 cents per gallon of gas.
Assuming you mix it stronger, and you only get 160 gallons of ethanol-free treated fuel from a 32 oz bottle, this comes to ...........
let's see ..... $ 12.5 Cents per gallon.
Maybe I am wrong, but it all seems too simple to me.
Buy the cheapest regular fuel you can, treat it with Marine Sta-Bil, go enjoy boating, and forget it.
I apologize in advance if this offends anyone.
Best Wishes........ I am going out on the Lake. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

http://www.amazon.com/STA-BIL-22240-Marine-Fuel-Stabilizer/dp/B001CAW2DK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433617305&sr=8-1&keywords=marine sta-bil&pebp=1433617315923&perid=0WXAY491GXQ8QYPGQ0QS

Last edited:
Treating "regular" gas with MARINE (blue) STA-BIL is the SAME as buying Ethanol-Free Gas.
If 32 OZ of "MARINE STA-BIL" will treat 320 gallons of gas, that comes to a little over 6 cents per gallon of gas.
Assuming you mix it stronger, and you only get 160 gallons of ethanol-free treated fuel from a 32 oz bottle, this comes to ...........
let's see ..... $ 12.5 Cents per gallon.
Maybe I am wrong, but it all seems too simple to me.
Buy the cheapest regular fuel you can, treat it with Marine Sta-Bil, go enjoy boating, and forget it.
I apologize in advance if this offends anyone.
Best Wishes........ I am going out on the Lake. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

http://www.amazon.com/STA-BIL-22240-Marine-Fuel-Stabilizer/dp/B001CAW2DK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433617305&sr=8-1&keywords=marine sta-bil&pebp=1433617315923&perid=0WXAY491GXQ8QYPGQ0QS

No offense taken Mikey!

I will take exception to the statement that it is the "same" as ethanol-free though. I'd MUCH rather not have the ethanol in there in the first place.

No offense taken Mikey!
I will take exception to the statement that it is the "same" as ethanol-free though. I'd MUCH rather not have the ethanol in there in the first place
I agree. I editted my post to try and make the point somewhat clearer. Many Thanks, Mikey Lulejian

Back