• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

EV discussion - hate or love?

Honestly, I think car sales is just full of snakes that think they're the slickest person ever born. They honestly think that they're gonna talk people into paying whatever they want because they're sooo slick.

I agree though,iof dealers would just put the best price they can actually offer (not inudimg discounts like you need to be military for this one, current leasee for this one, professional mime for that one, etc)

What irritates me more than anything is all the other bs fees that continually increase. Used to be $250 was a high doc fee. Now some places are charging $2k. Wtf is that even for? That's part of your doing business. Oh this is our "advantage fee" it covers a buncha bullshit that adds no value and we probably didn't even do like uv marking the VIN on the car.
Last time I paid $500 in doc fees, since they had those fancy digital tables.
And it's all BS, says I can reject to pay those fees since they are not required by law, but if you try it they do not sell the car. Not obligatory my a$$
Though I don't think dealers make money on selling new cars, may be financing, add ons, warranty, trade ins? Otherwise there is not much profit there, especially when it sits on the lot for 6 months. And I do not buy any of their addons, everything the add is at least 50% cheaper to get on your own.

Last time I paid $500 in doc fees, since they had those fancy digital tables.
And it's all BS, says I can reject to pay those fees since they are not required by law, but if you try it they do not sell the car. Not obligatory my a$$
Though I don't think dealers make money on selling new cars, may be financing, add ons, warranty, trade ins? Otherwise there is not much profit there, especially when it sits on the lot for 6 months. And I do not buy any of their addons, everything the add is at least 50% cheaper to get on your own.

That's definitely true, they make a lot less money on selling a new car, especially ones they have to discount to sell. The manufacturer gives them a certain amount of profit, and if they have to discount to sell, that eats into it. They make their money on all the ads on crap, junk fees, financing, all that stuff. Had one dealer tell me that I had to make 3 payments before I could refinance. It was a bold faced lie, he just knew they wouldn't get paid for the extra points they tacked onto my rate if I did refinance immediately (which I did).

Right now the risk for them is pay on a floorplan or sell a car. Lots of dealers will sit around thinking they'll sell things for way over what they should be worth. They will keep racking up finance charges and never make a penny on a car instead of just selling them at a discount.

Back