• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

EV discussion - hate or love?

So, the real question is, outside of the crazy lease deal, would you pay $80k or whatever they charge for it?
$82.6k as spec'd. It's not the top of the line build, max pack and quad motor would add some cost. Crazy incentives brought it down to $76.4k, with another $7.5k EV credit going to capital reduction (down payment). I make too much and the vehicle is too expensive to get the EV credit outside of a lease deal. Lease is only financing $25.5k over 36mo, which made the payment absurdly small considering the MSRP.

1727815658443.png <--click for bigger image

On a new buy, I would probably still go with this over the alternatives. It's every bit as capable as a Silverado or F150, and has the trim to match a Denali, or Platinum. Those are in the high $70k to low $80k range well optioned. I think it's a decent market price considering the competition in the market. Similar in price to a Limited or Platinum trim Lightning as well. Not as refined on the road, but likely better off. It's far nicer than the $65k Titan Pro-4X I was looking at in August. Just as nicer or nicer than the AT4 I looked at last year that was $78k-ish.

Lots of personal preference here as well. EV's aren't for everyone. Styling is somewhat polarizing. Range is subjectively good, but not great. I think Rivian is likely the best "all around" package in the EV truck market right now.

Can confirm, most people in Western NC would not have flood insurance. We didn't, the thought never even crossed my mind.

I dunno what happens in situations like this. I highly doubt they're just like "well, sucks to be you, we know you just lost everything you owned and home but you're not covered and don't forget to make your mortgage payment". I assume they get covered, and FEMA likely covers the insurance companies or something.

Actually probably a better thing to have your house burn down than deal with flooding! I read (not sure if this is true) that many of the people who lost houses in Western NC have no flood insurance....bet they wish the house had burned down!

Also just saw a fake post on FB complaining about EV fires....which a photo of a burned out F150 with the ice engine clearly visible. There are also AI generated pics of cyber trucks burning. So stupid.

Now cheap Chinese E-bikes burning....that would be shocking (pun intended)
The fake stuff is plain dumb. There are plenty of real videos. There is a video from last week of a Tesla catching fire in the garage as the flood waters are coming in. I’m sure even with flood they will try to deny claims lol

The NC stuff is interesting. A dam failure should be paid out by the government. ….. or (conspiracy theory time) the people that made it fail.

Back