• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Excited for my first boat purchase!!!

Oscarab78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Walked out of my local shop with a 2017 Scarab 195 Open. My wife and I are extremely excited and cant wait to get out for some exciting water sports since it comes with the high and low tow points. I love the versatility of the boat too, Its pretty cold (for Texas that is) and I have been able to get on the water for some lite fishing with my son, brother and dad already. I love the quick plaining, its more than enough power, and the slow speed maneuvering is much better than I expected. I had 25 mph crosswinds and I was able to maneuver to dock and trailer with relative ease and I am practically a novice boater (Im not going to lie, I forgot to put the plugs in before I launched and had to re-trailer and pull out to put them in just to relaunch) My dad and brother will not let me live that down for the rest of my life now. Im excited to learn more about the good and bad of boating to make me better and safer for that matter and of course enjoy the s*** out of it!!

Here she is RIFF RAM, Im the one on the far left with hoodie!!
IMG_1812.jpgIMG_1827.jpg
IMG_1804.jpg

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Good looking boat! Take good care of her and she'll hopefully take care of you. (i.e. do the maintenance! lol). You'll learn the rest, just relax and take it slow. And I'm in Ottawa, Canada. The water here is kind of solid... for another few months. *sniff*

Canesfan1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Awesome and congrats on the purchase!!
The plug is a must have lol

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
they sell stickers for that really !

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats, hesitated a long time between that and my yammie

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Walked out of my local shop with a 2017 Scarab 195 Open. My wife and I are extremely excited and cant wait to get out for some exciting water sports since it comes with the high and low tow points. I love the versatility of the boat too, Its pretty cold (for Texas that is) and I have been able to get on the water for some lite fishing with my son, brother and dad already. I love the quick plaining, its more than enough power, and the slow speed maneuvering is much better than I expected. I had 25 mph crosswinds and I was able to maneuver to dock and trailer with relative ease and I am practically a novice boater (Im not going to lie, I forgot to put the plugs in before I launched and had to re-trailer and pull out to put them in just to relaunch) My dad and brother will not let me live that down for the rest of my life now. Im excited to learn more about the good and bad of boating to make me better and safer for that matter and of course enjoy the s*** out of it!!

Here she is RIFF RAM, Im the one on the far left with hoodie!!
View attachment 110978View attachment 110979
View attachment 110981
Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the forum! Sharp looking. Definitely stands out. Your dad doesn't look to happy. Tell him I too left the drain plug out. Had to run back, get the trailer and back it in; damn that was scary.

Good luck, stay safe and have fun!!

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice look boat for sure! Congrats!

Oscarab78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the forum! Sharp looking. Definitely stands out. Your dad doesn't look to happy. Tell him I too left the drain plug out. Had to run back, get the trailer and back it in; damn that was scary.

Good luck, stay safe and have fun!!

My dad is an old US Marine, that is his happy face!!

Love how unique it is for sure and I promise I wont forget the plug again as long as they are around!!