• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Expandable hose for flushing?

shibumi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have any of you used one of those expandable hoses for flushing?

I need about 100' of hose to (easily) wash and flush the boat. I was considering one of those expanding hoses because they're very lightweight and compact after use.

My initial pause was that, in order to expand, they have a much smaller internal diameter (using water pressure to expand the hose). I thought that smaller diameter would impede flushing of the engine - not enough water.

BUT - then, duh, the adaptors that go on the hose to plug into the flushing port have an even smaller diameter - sooooooo it SHOULD be OK to use - shouldn't it?

Thanks! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! ? My local Lowe's shows 102 in stock so looks like I'll be heading up there this afternoon.

Maybe one of these also, in case you need to shut off real quik or your by yourself.
HQMPC Heavy Duty Brass Shut Off Valve Garden Hose Shut Off Valve Garden Hose Connector (2PCS) +4 Extra Pressure Washers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JQPV9B/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_1QH2B8W8TC7E6286796V

Yes shut off valves help a ton. I had a brass one and I dropped it on my gel coat which nicked the gel coat. I then switched to plastic shut off valves. I just screw the flush piece right on the end of them. That way I don't need to get down of the boat to switch to the other engine. This is close to what I got, can't find the exact one.

Amazon.com : ALKARAMA 5 Pack Plastic Garden Hose Shut Off Valve Water Shutoff Valve Shut-Off Ball Valve Standard 3/4'' Thread Connector Coupling : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Just bought a 75' for travel etc. haven't used it yet. Found it on Amazon but bought it on Ebay for $30 less.

Yes shut off valves help a ton. I had a brass one and I dropped it on my gel coat which nicked the gel coat. I then switched to plastic shut off valves. I just screw the flush piece right on the end of them. That way I don't need to get down of the boat to switch to the other engine. This is close to what I got, can't find the exact one.

Amazon.com : ALKARAMA 5 Pack Plastic Garden Hose Shut Off Valve Water Shutoff Valve Shut-Off Ball Valve Standard 3/4'' Thread Connector Coupling : Patio, Lawn & Garden
Even better. :thumbsup:

Whats really nice is that I throw the 100' + 50' in a 5 gallon bucket and take with me when we go on trips. That way I flush and be upto 150 away if necessary.

Expandable hose plus quick connects. On the 195 I have a 3 foot extension to flush.

Back