• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Expect ramp closings at Lake Ray Roberts

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yesterday evening was a long one here in north Texas. We were in the tornado shelter twice last night. A large tornado west of Sanger moving our way first, but didn't hit any towns before pulling up. Another one less than 2 hours later outside our community and headed right at us, not sure what happened to it, because we lost satellite signal as well as 4G and wifi during it. Finally got a signal and saw the warning was cancelled. We are rural so no sirens. A BNSF train derailed just south of Valley View, TX, I-35 had flood waters across it and closed for a period of time, and lightning caused an oil well fire. And more storms forecast for the next three days of equal or greater severity. Hang on!

Ray Roberts had reached normal pool level a week ago. Today, it climbs 2.5' above normal pool, and I expect to see ramp closures coming our way. There is so much debris in the lake and along the shores it is not usable for a jetboater in my opinion. There will be ramps that remain open, but this is the Pecan Creek Access, still open, but after they adjust the piers, they will still be low, and no room to further adjust...water is still coming up and more rain to come. Lewisville is full, so they can't let too much out I suspect...currently releasing 1299 cubic feet per second. The drought is over...pics to follow.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here is the pecan creek ramp.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That's just nuts Mel. I was looking at doppler radar for that area and it was just lit up with severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado warnings. Glad to hear you guys are OK. Get a weather radio if you don't already have one.

Here are the stats for Ray Roberts (for those interested). Definitely trending towards a prolonged flood pool. Think how great it will be to have water this summer, but what are you going to do with it in the mean time?

http://www.waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/ray-roberts

I can't believe how rainy it's been this winter and spring. My daughter has horseback riding lessons on Fridays. Since December, she has had 5 lessons due to rain outs. We have also had rain outs and reschedules on pretty much every soccer game or practice this year too for my other daughter. Frustrating because it's now eating into out boating time.

Reservoirs, while still filling due to recent but localized heavy rains, have a LONG way to go (Medina Lake is still at 4.4%!) We need that rain down here still, but not that badly. We have had a few severe storms here this season but nothing like you have been having to the north. Fortunately, we don't have to large prolonged tornadoes. But we have had some crazy straight line wind and of course torrential rain.

Stay Safe!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just out of curiosity, how do you secure your boat with such high winds? Do you have it in a garage? Just wondering what others do who keep them outside.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Prior to yesterday, Lewisville was releasing over 5,000 cfs trying to lower the lake in anticipation of the upcoming rain. I just checked and they are still releasing roughly 3,000 cfs, but if the rest of the metro gets more rain, they will have to stop.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My boat is in the barn. In high winds, you want to make sure you have no loose edges on the cover, and check after each rain to see if it needs to be dried out. If you have a choice, facing it into the prevailing wind would be best, since the cover is designed to handle towing speeds from the front, but it is hard to plan for all contingencies. Driving rain will get though a cover, so check it often and let it dry out or it will mildew. Placing damp rid containers under the cover, keeping all things out of the boat, especially carpets, and keeping storage compartments open is best if it is outside and not attended regularly. Keep the jack holding the bow up and the transom drain plug open so any water that accumulates can get out. All the seats have channels to direct water away but depending on where leaks occur, you can still get it in compartments. Indoor storage will keep your boat looking new and decrease the inevitable depreciation far below that of boats stored outside. But having indoor storage is a luxury too. Some store indoors in the winter and outdoors in season, I recommend storing indoors anytime it is not being used if at all possible. Even in driving rains, it can leak into my barn, so I keep it covered even in the barn.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I played golf at Coyote Ridge yesterday that is down stream of the lake. Several holes were flooded and they were redirecting carts all over the place to get around the flooded cart paths and bridges. The river next to the course was over the banks so the water on course had no where to go. I assumed the river was like this due to the release at lake lewisville. I was aying the hours before all hell broke loose. I would think the course is closed today.....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just looked at Texoma too. It is at 619.41' MSL (above mean sea level) as of noon today and they are only releasing 19 CFS currently. Texoma has more pool levels that RR. They are:
Top of Dam Elevation 670' MSL
Top of Flood Control Pool-640' MSL
Normal Conservation Pool-617' MSL
Seasonal Conservation Pool-615.9' MSL
Inactive Pool-590' MSL
Streambed Elevation- 505' MSL
They say the Flood Control Pool is at 11.44% of full.

I like Texoma more full that low. It will be very red right now, and lots of debris too. We all may remember the last big rains Texoma had and how it was in the parking lots! Hope it doesn't do that again, the resorts and ramps were closed for a portion of that summer. Wish we were going to see you guys @DCB-270 in a few weeks!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lake Murray in Oklahoma is at 743.75' MSL and normal pool is 748', with the spillway at 750'. Hard to believe it is below normal pool. It is up from this time last year however...we will see it in a few weeks!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We have more on the way up here. Glad it's helping Murray but too much everywhere else.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder if the other pods are rentable now?

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We're going to be on Texoma in a couple of weeks and its going to be interesting to see how high it does get to. I'm not too worried about debris or the redness since we don't usually go far up river. Several years ago on Memorial day weekend we were launching in the parking lot at Highport. That was fun! There were not much of the islands to hangout on that year.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Mel...some of your rain out our way will ya?

We are a tad bit parched out here in California. Heck, even Lake Tahoe is down about 5 feet over the past couple of years!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is like everyday here now on this freaking weather app!!!!image.jpg

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's been nice to see our lakes come back up. Lavon was not boatable last year (12 feet low) and is 1+ full now. Ray Hubbard is just a foot low I think now but with today/tomorrow I expect it to be full. Both of these lakes are near us and convenient, however, we do prefer Ray Roberts. Last year we discovered the sandy cove and the kids love playing in that area. Can get a bit busy in there maneuvering around but we didn't have any problems last year, so hoping this year the lake stays serviceable.

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Keep us posted on the water levels and flooding Mel. Hope you guys are ok.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sincerely hope all you folks out there are, and stay, safe.
I'm glad you had a shelter to retreat to Mel.

My thoughts are with you.