• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Extended Warranty

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I know there is debate on both sides whether or not to get an extended warranty plan. Right now I am neutral and am not sure either way.

I am just curious what prices people paid for their 4 year extended warranty plan. Wonder what the lowest price paid for this option has been on here?

Included with the purchase of the boat at no additional cost (From Yamaha boat show deal).

If you do decided to purchase one, CHECK AROUND at different dealerships. The prices vary from dealership to dealership.

Yeah I know its negotiable. I have heard through the forums anywhere from $2500 to $2000 for 4 extra years. If I could get it down to $1500 I would take that right away.

Can you reduce the term to 3 years for $1500? That better than nothing.

Going to find out tomorrow some prices. I have about 10places lined up to call. Ill keep you guys posted incase anyone is interested.

I paid $800 for 3 years to make a total of 5. Bought the boat when they had that 1+1 warranty promotion.

I wish. But didn't get mine until End of September and had no Yamaha incentives.. But thanks for the kick in the b@lls :thumbsup:

I got 3 years total from show incentives. . . then paid $300 more to get an additional 2 years for a total of 5.

I just paid $1400 for 4 additional years, for a total of 5 years. I bought it through the dealer and the pricing was part of the deal, and not a price they normally let it go for.

I would get it... I've had mine for almost a year and have already had 4-5 warranty fixes so far. In fact I just had a big one happen yesterday. ~50 hours and I'm having engine issues now... Original warranty is up in 20 days. I have extended it for 5 years total.

One repair bill in 5 years will pay for it.

$1400 for 4 years for a total of 5. Haven't had to have it back to the dealer since we picked it up, which is good as they are 90 miles away.

$1400 for 4 years for a total of 5. Haven't had to have it back to the dealer since we picked it up, which is good as they are 90 miles away.

We could take it to any dealer though correct? Mine is in another state and involves a ferry ride along the way. I gues the dealer which you bought it from would be more cooperative.

We could take it to any dealer though correct? Mine is in another state and involves a ferry ride along the way. I gues the dealer which you bought it from would be more cooperative.
Yes, any Yamaha authorized dealer. The warranty is through Yamaha Corp. Like a warranty on a vehicle, you can take it to the dealer of your choice. In theory, you shouldn't be treated any different regardless of who actually took the money for the warranty as most of it went to Yamaha. That is why the warranty price will vary by dealer. They owe a certain amount to Yamaha for the warranty, but any extra is what they make on it.

I'm the retail finance manager for a dealer. Let me know if you need any help.

Don't let some of these prices get your hopes up. It seems like most of these were part of a sales deal, and were either at cost or just below cost. Probably to make the deal happen, I doubt you will get these prices unless you have a 40k+ deal pending on it.

Personally if mine wasn't included on the purchase deal when I bought the boat I wouldn't have bought it. If they want $2,000 for it then that means you expect to have over $2,000 in repairs over the next additional 3 or 4 years. I bought Yamaha because I bought reliability. Granted it saves some people, but the vast majority of people are just paying for piece of mind.

I bet if you started a poll and asked those who actually paid for the YES (not including those that paid a couple hundred dollars) that you would find 90% of them never came close to needing repairs totaling more than they paid for the extended warranties.

Personally if mine wasn't included on the purchase deal when I bought the boat I wouldn't have bought it. If they want $2,000 for it then that means you expect to have over $2,000 in repairs over the next additional 3 or 4 years. I bought Yamaha because I bought reliability. Granted it saves some people, but the vast majority of people are just paying for piece of mind.

I bet if you started a poll and asked those who actually paid for the YES (not including those that paid a couple hundred dollars) that you would find 90% of them never came close to needing repairs totaling more than they paid for the extended warranties.
you are correct in saying that it is about peace of mind. You can say the same thing about any insurance that you have on a home, vehicle etc. the polls would be skewed based on who has had a claim or not. For me it is worth the peace of mind. I have not had an auto insurance claim for 25 years, but will always have full coverage.

Here are the #'s so far

Dealer A 1/1350 3/2200 4/2500
Dealer B CLOSED Will Call tomorrow
Dealer C 1/1300 3/2000 4/2200
Dealer D Waiting for call back from sales man/woman
Dealer E CLOSED Will Call tomorrow
Dealer F 1/1100 3/1750 4/2000
Dealer G 1/1300 3/1899 4/1995

Last edited:
Here are the #'s so far

Dealer A 1/1350 3/2200 4/2500
Dealer B CLOSED Will Call tomorrow
Dealer C 1/1300 3/2000 4/2200
Dealer D Waiting for call back from sales man/woman
Dealer E CLOSED Will Call tomorrow
Dealer F 1/1100 3/1750 4/2000

Make sure you call Jim over at Patsy's Bay Marina in Stony Point. . . . . .

Back