• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Factory Clarion Unit 2014 Yamaha212x WTF!

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So the manual says it’s blue tooth capable, but I can’t figure out how to initiate it.. anyone have any thoughts? Is my manual wrong? Momma always said I was Special..

Any and all help appreciated.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2015 Yamaha 212x... my Bluetooth was aux 2... took me forever to figure that out!

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2015 Yamaha 212x... my Bluetooth was aux 2... took me forever to figure that out!
That’s what my manual says, but when I go to Aux 2, nothing happens... I’m kinda lost.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If I remember right... I went to aux 2 then went to my my phone Bluetooth setting where you can see what your connected to or connected to in the past. Mine showed up there but it was a weird name... I recently got a new phone and boats in storage so I haven’t paired the 2 on new phone to remember the name... hopefully that helps

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ya, nothing showed up in blue tooth, almost like it wasn’t broad casting I tried with my phone and my wife’s phone.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry can’t be of more help now... I just remember getting mine figured out took a full summer to finally get it. Your head unit is the CMD6 right? I’m pretty sure that is what mine is

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ya I believe so, it’s the factory one, I’ll keep playing with it. Thanks for trying though

TSwartz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey, Ratket. I'm in the same boat. (sorry, but it's true figuratively and literally, '14 212X) I'm in IT, reasonably technical, reasonably mechanical, blah blah blah. I also cannot connect my phone to the stock Clarion head unit. So this is 1/2 to let you know you aren't alone and 1/2 so I can monitor this thread!

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our 2014 212X was Bluetooth ready with the stock clarion unit, but needed this an adapter that plugged into aux 2. It s a little dongle/box that has red/white audio connectors. Now we select aux 2 and are able to use Bluetooth to stream music.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got mine to connect, I plan on going out tomorrow, once on the water, I will confirm it works the way I think it does so you have a solution. I got it to Work once so I know it works. Aux 2 on mine is the USB port, I’m just tired of having my phone there in the sun, would much rather use the factory blue tooth.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is what I found”
The Blue tooth can be very finicky for the initial start up.
turn blue tooth off on your phone,put the head unit on Aux2 - wait like 30 seconds, then turn blue tooth back on on your phone.
Now it took seriously 3-4 Minutes before I saw it on my phone under available blue tooth’s. My I phone 11 saw it first as “ New Device” in the blue tooth list, then when I went to connect it asked for a password-, “ 0000” is what mine is set at and I believe it is the factory default. “ Aw3860” is what the Blue tooth was labeled after I got connected to it. I was trying to connect to it with both phones that where available, IPhone 7 and I phone 11. If memory serves me right, last time the 7 connected first.. Like any wireless electronic, getting that initial connection can be a pain, I think I turned my blue tooth off and on like 5 times. Hope this helps someone.

TSwartz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I climbed in under the helm and took a couple of pictures. At least in my boat, what's installed to AUX2 is not the Clarion bluetooth dongle, but instead something called a Millenia MIL-BTREC. It seems to be made by a company called ProSpec Electronics in SC. (MIL-BTREC)

I still wasn't having any luck connecting after following Ratket's process, so I emailed them. It also occurred to me that I was testing it while the boat was not running on the lift. So ProSpec replied quickly, suggesting I pull the power to the dongle for 30 sec and try again.

My next steps are to re-try with the boat running (just in case something is wired to ignition) and then try pulling the power to the dongle itself.

Documenting this for posterity. I'll update with results when I get a chance to try again.

TSwartz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cycling the power to the bluetooth dongle worked! Unplugged one of the 2 power leads for ~30 seconds, plugged it back in and it immediately showed up, asking for the 0000 pin. My best guess is the unit can store a fixed number of phones and it was full. Resetting power wiped that and we're good to go.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I haven’t looked behind mine, but good to know! Is yours on Aux 2 as well?

TSwartz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make