• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fake NGK spark plugs out there??

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, I get fake sunglasses, clothing, etc., but why am I surprised that they'd fake sparkplugs??
Saw something on a Honda Pilot forum today and looked into it - apparently a common thing on Amazon... So much so that NGK has a '5 step guide' on how to spot the difference.
A 5-step-guide on how to distinguish fake spark plugs
Some reports on line source the plugs as from Amazon, eBay (yeah, that one I'd expect!), AliExpress (likewise), and a retail store (that's a surprise IMO). [Counterfeit Ngk Spark Plugs | Consumer Alert]
Good pictures here of real and fake: WARNING – Beware of updated fake ‘NGK Iridium IX’ Spark Plugs & How To Spot Them – August 2017
Two things: from the date it's been around for a while and I did a search and saw one or two references to it here but even though I may be the last guy in the loop (again??) thought I'd still post a separate thread for it.

I buy mine at the dealer; hopefully they know what they are getting

Yep,
Amazon is full of counterfeit items.
It's been in the news lately.

I only purchase mine from Auto Zone, hopefully I can trust them...Thanks for sharing

Yup it's happening a lot it seems.

Back