• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Few questions about the FSH210....

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really thinking of buying one of these. Got my eye on a low hour 18 model. Coming off an AR210 so used to the jet drive setup. Our family does about 60/40 fishing/cruising and tubing. Got a few questions for you guys...

- On the 18 model, does it have the anchor locker drain problem everyone is always talking about?
- Had thrust vectors on my 08, but with this new articulating keel setup does this boat really need them?
- Does the 18 model have the backrest for each of the jump seats in the stern of the boat?
- Anyone know how tall it is from the top of the T top, all the way to level concrete while the boat is on the trailer? My storage room is 10ft ceiling.
- Is the T top foldable?

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, is the boat somewhat of a dry ride? Most bay boats I’ve been on you get pretty wet out here in the Gulf. Wasn’t sure about this the way it flares out toward the bow. Looks like it may be a bit drier of a ride.

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a ‘20 but can tell you it is a much drier ride than the 19’ bay boat I had prior to this. As for the thrust vectors, we troll in the Atlantic often and the boat didn’t track straight enough to fish alone before I installed the cobra jet AK 19s. It’s like a different boat with them as I’m sure it would be with the thrust vectors if I had went that way.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
- On the 18 model, does it have the anchor locker drain problem everyone is always talking about? I hear this varies boat to boat. Mine didn't cause an issue at first, but I sealed it up anyways. Easy preventative.
- Had thrust vectors on my 08, but with this new articulating keel setup does this boat really need them? I went Cobra Jet Super magnum with Mega fang plus, have no problem controlling the boat from idle to WOT. The articulating keel does not protrude below the boat, so it has limited effectiveness.
- Does the 18 model have the backrest for each of the jump seats in the stern of the boat? No, that is 2019 and up. I think Cycle Springs has an add on version, not sure.
- Anyone know how tall it is from the top of the T top, all the way to level concrete while the boat is on the trailer? My storage room is 10ft ceiling. 10' 5" It will not fit as is in your storage area.
- Is the T top foldable? No the Yamaha tower is fixed not foldable.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also, is the boat somewhat of a dry ride? Most bay boats I’ve been on you get pretty wet out here in the Gulf. Wasn’t sure about this the way it flares out toward the bow. Looks like it may be a bit drier of a ride.
Yes, the ride is impressively dry, IMO. Even with 6 adults on the bow at speed through 2' chop it's bone dry.

Prodock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, the ride is impressively dry, IMO. Even with 6 adults on the bow at speed through 2' chop it's bone dry.
I agree, I have been pleasantly surprised by how dry the ride is. I’m used to thinking you need a Carolina Flare to be dry. I’ve taken my 210 out in pretty rough Atlantic waters on some pretty breezy days and it’s actually very dry. Not that I can’t get a spray in the boat, but it is a dry ride

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anything over 2.5 chop will beat you up. Like in and around the sounds, haven't taken it offshore yet. And I agree with prodock if the winds are up and your pounding through some chop you will get sprayed.