• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fiberglass damage suggestions

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like this is getting fixed and that's the important thing. It sounds like your marina was pretty hands-off with this ...which isn't good. My general approach to this sort of thing is to document everything best I can when I first see it (pictures are good, but that video function on your phone is even better). From there I contact my insurance, explain the situation and say "sick him." My insurance agent in the past has ben great about getting THEIR (in this case the other boat or the marina's) insurance to pay for the damage to my stuff. As my agent says, "that's what you pay me to do...get your stuff fixed."

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Went by there the other day a saw it there.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Went by there the other day a saw it there.
Yeah! I am headed down to pick her up today. Also going to deposit that 7500$ check that I got for the damage to the tower. Then she's off to Sugarhouse Awning and then I am now debating, singe it feels like winter is just about over, whether or not I take her to SouthValley to get her wrapped this year. I probably will. I don't think I put more than 20 hours on her this last year.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like this is getting fixed and that's the important thing. It sounds like your marina was pretty hands-off with this ...which isn't good. My general approach to this sort of thing is to document everything best I can when I first see it (pictures are good, but that video function on your phone is even better). From there I contact my insurance, explain the situation and say "sick him." My insurance agent in the past has ben great about getting THEIR (in this case the other boat or the marina's) insurance to pay for the damage to my stuff. As my agent says, "that's what you pay me to do...get your stuff fixed."
The marina said that if they needed to that they would submit a letter of their account of the event to my insurance. We didn't need that. I did end up doing pretty much what you suggested (I took lots of video as well). Then I called up progressive and they took it the rest of the way for me.

The guy's insurance mediator called me instead of calling him and left me the voicemail that they were supposed to leave for the other boat... something to the effect of "we need a written statement from you and we need receipts for when you purchased your dock lines and which dock lines you had used" - yikes... glad my boat's covered and glad that for the most part this is all finally over.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

We took off the registration numbers and I ordered replacement ones (they are about 80$ per set) which are chrome and reflective. I'm probably going to put them further forward on the bow than I had them last time (I had them about where the Yamaha logo is previously).

"IN A MEETING"

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I recently crashed my boat into a steel walking bridge as I was swept away with the current before I started the engine (idiot) and this was the damage. I think it was purely cosmetic but with my OCD I might as well have been the titanic hitting the iceberg. Anyway, it cost me $450 to repair this. I'd take an "after" shot but there's literally nothing to see. Even if you were looking for the spot in person you wouldn't be able to find it. View attachment 60899
Did you do that repair yourself or have someone else do it? Advise?