• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally got my Yamaha 2017 AR 195

tsledford31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been following this forum for a number of months now, while I have been in the market for a jet boat. I originally pre-ordered a 2022 Yamaha AR 190, but due to a number of factors (supply chain and production delays mostly), I began looking for a late model that was in good shape. I came across a great local deal and purchased this very clean 2017 AR 195 a few days ago and finally got her out for the maiden voyage today on Lake Lanier. As she sits, it's mostly stock, but I already have several upgrades ordered and more planned, and I will post in regards to each upgrade that I do. Glad to be a part of this group, and glad to officially be a jet boater!

Attachments

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Congrats and :Welcome: to the forum! Great looking boat.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have the woven carpet for sale out of my 195 if you're interested. I think it's an exact fit $100 and shipping and it's your. Much better than that actual carpet

Attachments

tsledford31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the woven carpet for sale out of my 195 if you're interested. I think it's an exact fit $100 and shipping and it's your. Much better than that actual carpet
Thanks, but I am going with SeaDek throughout.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Lots of info here on how to spend your money!

Seadek, audio, lighting, engine mods, plotters, stripper poles...you name it.
:D

tsledford31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Lots of info here on how to spend your money!

Seadek, audio, lighting, engine mods, plotters, stripper poles...you name it.
:D
Oh I am well aware, been researching for months haha. I have a few things on order and more to come. I'll be making a separate thread under general discussion with my progress on mods/updates. Thanks for

Aslockcuff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been following this forum for a number of months now, while I have been in the market for a jet boat. I originally pre-ordered a 2022 Yamaha AR 190, but due to a number of factors (supply chain and production delays mostly), I began looking for a late model that was in good shape. I came across a great local deal and purchased this very clean 2017 AR 195 a few days ago and finally got her out for the maiden voyage today on Lake Lanier. As she sits, it's mostly stock, but I already have several upgrades ordered and more planned, and I will post in regards to each upgrade that I do. Glad to be a part of this group, and glad to officially be a jet boater!
How do you like it? I've heard they are loud above 30mph? Just purchased a 2008 AR210. Really good condition.

tsledford31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you like it? I've heard they are loud above 30mph? Just purchased a 2008 AR210. Really good condition.
I love it, it's perfect for my little family, for now, will likely upgrade to something larger in a couple of years but I'm really glad we landed on this for our first boat. It is a little loud, first time out my 4-year old daughter was not a fan of the noise. However, second time out she did much better. I've seen some advice on other threads for wrapping the mufflers and a few other DIY minor mods you can make that should help a little bit. Bottom line is it's still a jet boat, and only being 19 feet, you hear that engine even when you are sitting in the bow seating.

tsledford31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love it, it's perfect for my little family, for now, will likely upgrade to something larger in a couple of years but I'm really glad we landed on this for our first boat. It is a little loud, first time out my 4-year old daughter was not a fan of the noise. However, second time out she did much better. I've seen some advice on other threads for wrapping the mufflers and a few other DIY minor mods you can make that should help a little bit. Bottom line is it's still a jet boat, and only being 19 feet, you hear that engine even when you are sitting in the bow seating.
I haven't noticed a volume difference when I've gotten above 30, pretty much anything above surfing speed (10ish mph) you're going to have some noise, but my wife and I were still able to carry on a conversation without having to yell.

Willabeast240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! We just picked up a 2022 AR195 (after 10 months of waiting) and were able to enjoy it 2 times before winter storage. I showed my 4 year old daughter the Elsa life vest your kiddo was wearing so now we have to get one. :D

Does your cooler fit in the OEM cooler location? The cheap one that came with out boat is... cheap so I'm looking for a better replacement that'll fit in the same spot.

tsledford31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! We just picked up a 2022 AR195 (after 10 months of waiting) and were able to enjoy it 2 times before winter storage. I showed my 4 year old daughter the Elsa life vest your kiddo was wearing so now we have to get one. :D

Does your cooler fit in the OEM cooler location? The cheap one that came with out boat is... cheap so I'm looking for a better replacement that'll fit in the same spot.
That's awesome! My daughter is a huge Elsa fan and is also 4! I have not attempted to put my cooler in the OEM spot as we only took the boat out 4 times since getting it, and only took the bigger cooler once. I'm going to have the cover off this weekend to do a few things and will test it out then. My cooler was also doubling as a table so it worked fine with just the 3 of us on there!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

His boat doesn't have an oem spot for the cooler. That is only on new models with the table mount area behind the drivers seat. I think that started in 2020 year, maybe 19. His 17 will have the full U shaped seating. Our boats look like this

Attachments

tsledford31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
His boat doesn't have an oem spot for the cooler. That is only on new models with the table mount area behind the drivers seat. I think that started in 2020 year, maybe 19. His 17 will have the full U shaped seating. Our boats look like this
This is correct, as I was a little confused about an OEM spot for a cooler on my 2017. I didn't realize the difference in the newer models which I believe did start in 2019.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Honestly the new ones feel bigger, however I would miss the storage under the starboard seat. I would always have an amazing amount of stuff packed down there. Might be my biggest complaint on the 212 is the limited storage under the rear seats compared to the old 19’ hulls. Obviously not sure much could be done to improve this, other than making the boat a foot longer and making the rear seats longer.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats to everyone on the new boats. I have to agree with the comment on the older 19's my 2017 SX190 has a lot of space for storage under the two rear cushions which are not hinged and have huge openings. I have the 2 pilot chairs and take one out for storage of the big cooler when we go over-nighting.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Honestly the new ones feel bigger, however I would miss the storage under the starboard seat. I would always have an amazing amount of stuff packed down there. Might be my biggest complaint on the 212 is the limited storage under the rear seats compared to the old 19’ hulls. Obviously not sure much could be done to improve this, other than making the boat a foot longer and making the rear seats longer.
I couldn't live without that storage under the seat. I keep my anchor and all my life vests and floats in there. Also helps even out the weight distribution since the dual batteries are in the opposite in the same spot.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Might be my biggest complaint on the 212 is the limited storage under the rear seats
Have you looked in there with a flashlight? The space goes all the way back to the rear hatch area. I have a 4ft boat-hook, portable cushions, several large beach towels, several smaller towels for cleaning, shoes, etc. all under the starboard rear seat with lots more room to spare. Behind the port side past the switches is another 3ft of storage space which holds our unused center walk-over seat cushion. My amp and charger are there beside the batteries so not a lot of stuff in there, but I could easily add more. I find the boat has plenty of storage space.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah there is space, just not very user friendly. Compared to my old 19’ Yamaha’s.

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That is our story exactly, we had put an order for a 2021 SX190, we gave up a year later and bought a used 2019 AR195. We are loving it! So happy for you and your family. You might check out my tent camper post! I know your little guy would love it. I think it comes from me always making forts in the house growing up!